Chapter 1

Your pov

Taking in a deep breath, you placed the bouquet of flowers on your parents cenotaph. It could have been a grave instead, or maybe not even there.

It was just unfortunate how your parents went missing out of nowhere, and were never found. In the end, they were presumed dead. You and your grandmother made a little memorial for them, a cenotaph, in the backyard.

You missed them dearly. They may not have been the best parents, but they weren't the worst either. They loved you, and you loved them. They may not have shown their love for you directly, but you could tell they adored you.

Now, they were gone. This feels like you were a character created by someone, an OC, and was being given a traumatic backstory for character development. How astonishing, really. Thank goodness your story wasn't as traumatizing as a lot of OCs that people have created... 

"Dear, are you alright?" Your grandmother asked, walking out of the house and over to you. You looked over at her and nodded. You were fine, you were just unhappy.

"Would you like to come back inside, have some cookies I just baked?" She suggested with a warm smile that was surrounded by the wrinkles upon her face. "Alright." You answered and went back inside with her.

The cenotaph watched as the both of you went back inside, leaving it alone, allowing the two loving souls it represents to rest.

.

You sat on your bed as you held a bowl of cookies. The cookies your grandmother made were just nice. 

As you ate, you turned your head to look at the door. "It's been a while since I last saw you," You spoke, taking a bite of another cookie. You stared at Finland, yes, Finland. Your friend.

Well, he was just YOUR imagination. You liked Countryhumans... so much that you made imaginary friends out of them. Hey, you were lonely, and you needed some kind of social interaction besides your grandmother.

He walked over to you and stood right next to you bed, staring at you. He was always the quiet type, you never knew if he was ever happy being with you or not. Then again, he always wore this mask that never showed the lower half of his face. (Bro's emo/j)

"So... How has it been, Finland?" You asked him, looking back down at your cookies. He may be your imaginary friend, but he also felt so real, as if he was a real person.
Then again, Countryhumans weren't real, not in the slightest bit. Seriously, literal countries as humans? (Well, Hetalia exists-) 

Finland just gave you a thumbs up, a very almost unnoticeable thumbs up that is. You noticed that his gaze was on your bowl of cookies. You shook your head as you held the bowl protectively.
"These are cookies made just for me." You said, caressing the bowl. "You mean cookies meant for you and your grandmother, kid." He replied.

"Oh, so now you decided to speak." You muttered, still holding onto the bowl tightly. "You do not have to be so paranoid over those cookies. I'm not childish enough to care to fight with you over them." The Finnish man told you.
"For some reason I don't feel reassured." You responded.

"That's because my intention was not to reassure you," He said calmly as he snatched the bowl of cookies out of your hands from out of nowhere.
"You little-!" You were about to yell at him when he stuffed a cookie into your mouth, shutting you up. You ate the cookie, glaring at him as you did so.

"What was that for, huh?" You questioned, crossing your arms. He wasn't even eating any of the cookies, he was just holding the bowl!
"From the knowledge I have on you so far, you would not be able to finish all of these cookies," He answered. "Then why'd you take them away from me?" You retorted annoyedly.  "So that you don't overeat." He said, glancing at the bowl.

"Excuse me-" He cut you off, "I know that today is a sad day for you, but that does not mean you can comfort eat till you burst, and that is a fact."
You groaned and reached out your arms to grab the bowl back. He pushed you back onto your bed, "No. You have to learn how to fight those urges, kid."
"Stop calling me kid!" You shouted, still trying to grab the bowl. He made a 'tsk' noise and stared down at you, "You act childish, and so you shall be called a kid."

"Well, you act emo as hell, so I might as well call you Fin-Emo or whatever!" You told him and he tilted his head at you. "That doesn't sound threatening at all, kid. If you want me to stop calling you kid, might as well try harder." He said.
"Oh, I will..."

"Y/N dear, who are you talking to? Is it one of your imaginary friends again?" You heard your grandmother call from outside.
You glanced at Finland and he glanced back at you. "What are you looking at me for? Answer your grandmother, or are you a brat?" He spoke in the calmest voice you've ever heard for someone saying such a thing.

You gritted your teeth, "Uh, yeah! I'm talking to one of my imaginary friends, yeah!" Your grandmother knew you had imaginary friends, a ton of imaginary friends. What she didn't know was who they were. You were too embarrassed to tell her that your imaginary friends were literally countries, Countryhumans.

You saw that Finland looked offended when you said 'imaginary friends'. You weren't sure why, though. Imaginary friends that felt more than imaginary, were they breaking the fourth wall? (Joke.)
"Alright," Your grandmother responded and you heard the footsteps of her walking away.

"Can I have my cookies back?" You asked, staring at the bowl. "Nuh-uh," Finland replied, shaking his finger 'no', "I'd like to bring the conversation back to when you called me emo. I'm not emo in the slightest."
"Nah, you're definitely at least 99% emo." You chuckled and he scoffed, "How am I emo? I have done nothing to make me be seen as emo." You laughed, "Are you sure?" He nodded.

"You literally wear a mask that covers up half of your face, and you barely show your emotions, when you speak you have like zero emotion in your voice-" "I would like to kindly ask you to shut the fuck up, kid." He countered.
"How dare you swear towards a 'kid'." You uttered. "So you're admitting that you're a kid?" "No, I'm not."

The both of you went silent and you started to laugh. You heard Finland chuckle softly. "Okay fine, it seems you aren't entirely emo..." You trailed off as he handed you back the bowl of cookies.
"Thanks, I guess." You said, taking back the bowl. When you were about to grab one of the many cookies left, the Finnish man took it before you could.

"Stop doing stuff like that." You stated and he responded, "What? I only did it once and it was just now."

.

Okay, first chapter of another new story that I hopefully won't end up deleting, yay! What do y'all think? I'd like some feedback, thanks! :D