Chapter 31

It's been a few days since you've been in this home.
Overall, nothing much happened, at least nothing bad did. You were able to take a break from all the batshit crazy stuff that was happening, of course it wouldn't be an eternal break, but the rest was longer than you expected.

Aside from that, you also hung out with a few of the South American countries, Aiden also visited almost everyday just to check up on you.
It was nice to have people who care about you. Oh yeah, Comoros would also spam text you, asking if you were alright every single hour. If you didn't respond in 2 minutes, he'd freak out. You mostly spent time with Chile and Bolivia, the others to say, were rather introverted. You'd also hang out with Venezuela from time to time, but rarely.

"So, how's everything going over there?" The Slovakian's voice came from your phone.
You were on a video call with Slovakia and Poland, with the addition of Norway. Aiden and Chile were sitting next to you on both sides.
"Everything's been fine," You answered with a smile. Slovakia smiled too, "That's great! Also, who's that sitting beside you? The human, not Paraguay-" "It's not Paraguay, it's Chile." Chile interrupted her.
"Oh right, you and Paraguay swapped consciousnesses..." She trailed off, "Still, who's the human?"

Aiden chuckled, "My name is Aiden, nice to meet you, Slovakia!" Poland cleared his throat, "What about us?" Slovakia slowly turned to face the Polish, and punched his shoulder. Poland winced in pain a little, and kept quiet.
"It's... nice to meet you too, Poland and Norway." Aiden said.
A little bit of casual chit-chat here and there, it wasn't that important, but still, it was fun to get to speak with Slovakia and Norway. Don't know about Poland, though, he was still an asshole.

Time passed by extremely quickly, and you've been talking with them for almost an entire hour. Aiden by this time, had already left the home because he needed to head back to his own, which was unfortunate but then again, as he said, "I don't want to worry my parents."
Imagine still having parents, well, most of the Countryhumans can definitely relate.
After saying goodbye to the three, you ended the video call.

"To be honest, I haven't seen any of them in a long time now, ever since a handful of countries started going crazy for you, UN called off all meetings except for EU, ASEAN and AU meetings." Chile stated, "To say the least, I'm happy to not need to go to any meetings, but there's still tons of paperwork."
You rolled your eyes at him, "I'm not a complaint box." "Well you are to me." He laughed.
"So to you I'm a friend and a complaint box?" "I wouldn't say just a friend, you're a close friend." He told you with a huge smile, a kind of smile that made you want to slap it off of his face.

"What about other countries? Are any of them your close friends?" You asked him and he shrugged, "To many countries, including me, other countries are mainly business partners, even if we do live together, we're just roommates."
"So none of them are close friends to you?" He shook his head, "If I had to choose one of them to be seen as my close friend, I guess Argentina. We aren't always on good terms, but she's really cool." You questioned him if it was just her and he said yes, which you did not expect.

"Let me ask you something," You said and he told you to go ahead, "If I was a Countryhuman, would you still see me as a close friend?" He nodded as an answer.

He yawned softly, covering his face as he did so, "I'm going to grab a glass of water, do you want one too?" He then got up from his seat.
"If I wanted one, I can go grab it myself, you don't need to do it for me." You said to him and he giggled happily, "Aww~ You're too nice Snake-Head, if you say so, go grab your own glass of water, you need to stay hydrated."
"I can grab one later-" "Now, Snake-Head, now. The last time you even drank any sort of liquid was an hour ago." He ordered.

You reluctantly got up from your own seat, "Alright, fine." He gave you a quick smile.
The both of you headed over to the kitchen, you grabbed your favorite drink, which was actually also Ecuador's favorite.
Chile got himself a glass of water, "Would you like any snacks?" "What snacks are there?" You asked and he ran his fingers through his hair, "Uh, a lot of snacks."