Chapter 23

"Principe, have you heard about what's been going on?" Asked Sao Tome, looking at his twin sister as they walked towards the meeting room.
Principe shrugged, "Not really... But since this meeting is so sudden, it must have something to deal with it. Still, we don't have much of a connection to all that's happening so I'm still not sure."

Sao Tome whistled softly as the both of them reached the large door to the meeting room. Damn, was it huge. But they were already used to how absurdly huge it was, after all, coming to a place like this for years, they got used to it.

He opened the door slowly, the sound of chit-chat could be heard getting louder and louder the more he opened the door.
"ESWATINI I SWEAR-" A yell could be heard, coming from either Zambia or Lesotho, not really sure. "GUYS, PLEASE, SHUT UP!!" Mauritania screamed, slamming his hands on the table, causing Senegal to jolt up from her short power nap.
"YOU'RE EVEN LOUDER THAN THE REST OF US, MAURITANIA, SO YOU SHUT UP!" South Sudan, childish as always. Well, he IS a newer country, he's still considered new at all this.

Gosh, it was chaos.
It was always chaos when African Union wasn't around. For the past few days, every meeting that should have involved African Union, well, Miss AU wasn't there.
And why? Because of that situation regarding a random mortal. Made zero sense. All the organizations, well, at least most of them, were busy dealing with the situation, which included Miss AU.

Principe groaned, "I'm tired..." "I know we had to come here in the middle of your nap, but we can't afford to miss any meetings even when Miss AU isn't here. After all, we wouldn't want a bad record like Somalia or Angola, would we?" Sao Tome told her as the both of them headed to their own seats and sat down.
Sao Tome was sitting next to Rwanda and Senegal while his twin sister sat next to Nigeria and also Rwanda.

Yep, Rwanda was separating the two. And the thing was, Sao Tome AND Principe did not like to be separated. And this was their seating every single time, every SINGLE meeting.
Rwanda would always be glared at by the twins, even though he didn't do anything wrong.
They were just sat in alphabetical order around a massive round table.

To be honest, if looks could kill, Rwanda would have already been dead since the first time this seating was arranged. The twins would just glare at him for about the whole meeting, he eventually got used to it, though.

"Oh hey, guys..." The Rwandan spoke up as he placed down his pen onto the table, arranging his papers.
The two didn't say a single word back to him. He sighed, picking his pen back up to continue writing since his attempt to have a friendly chat with them had failed, which was expected.

"GUYS, HAVE YOU SEEN MY PAPERS? I PLACED THEM RIGHT HERE BUT NOW THEY'RE GONE!!" Yelled Sierra Leone as she panicked, scrambling to find her paperwork.
Sao Tome felt a nudge, he turned his head to look at Senegal.
"How's everything going? It's been a while since we last saw each other," Said Senegal with a warm smile, she always looked happy. She always stayed optimistic no matter what was happening to her, somehow.

Sao Tome answered, "Just the same. Nothing special."
"Come on, there must have been something special! It doesn't have to blow everyone's minds, it can just be even the tiniest thing!" She responded, giggling slightly.
"You always say stuff like that, it's-" He was cut off by a certain Bissau-Guinean shouting, "EVERYONE, THE MEETING SHALL START NOW!"

"Where's Malawi? He's not here yet..." Madagascar said, looking at the empty seat beside him. "Neither is Ivory Coast," Added Congo, who looked like he hadn't slept in a few days. Guinea-Bissau spoke, "That's only two, it's not like more than 10 aren't here. The meeting can still be held without the presence of them."
"Hold up, Chad also isn't here." A certain Comorian said, pointing at the empty seat beside him.
"That still only adds up to three, which IS lesser than 10," Seychelles stated. "We get it, you like math, nerd," Angola scoffed, leaning back into his seat. If he wasn't careful, he might fall.