Chapter 8

Maybe you should have never thought about your imaginary friends being REAL. For some reason, you feel like that has something to do with how they all became y'know, real all of a sudden.

"Y/N! It's been such a long time since we've last meet... It's been months!" Italy exclaimed once you opened the door. He has a huge smile on his face and was about to bear hug you when Greece stopped him.
"όχι." Greece said and Italy sent a glare over at him. "Good evening, Miss Y/N," Spain spoke as she fixed her dress, making sure it was perfect. "Good evening to you too, Spain... Portugal, Italy and Greece." You responded, not really sure what to expect from the four since you rarely interacted with them.

(I hope y'all like this drawing because it took 12 whole hours and was stopping me from publishing this chapter for a while 🧍 oh, the things I do for my stories/j )

"Please enter, dear guests," Your grandmother said. When did she get right next to you?? You didn't know, but she was there. Somehow.
Your grandmother nudged you lightly so that you'd move out of the way for the guests to enter. You did as she wanted you to do, and the four Countryhumans stepped into the home. (Taking off their shoes first before entering, of course 😁)

"The food's almost done being prepared, you four can wait in the living room first," Your grandmother told them and headed to the kitchen. You were going to follow her to help out, but she glanced back at you and gestured that there was no need.
"Y/N, it's good to see you again after so long."
You turned around to see Portugal standing right in front of you with a red rose in his hand. He moved his arm a bit, asking for you to take the rose, a sweet, charming smile on his face.

"Thanks... Portugal." You thanked him, and his smile grew wider. Spain placed her hand on his shoulder, and pulled him back a little bit so that he wasn't too close to you that it'd be uncomfortable.
Italy chuckled so loudly that the whole room could hear him. "Italy, I swear..." Greece trailed off when Italy stopped chuckling loudly, instead, he was snickering, but softly.

"You also look really stunning, Y/N!" Portugal exclaimed happily, ignoring the Italian who was holding in his laughter. "I agree with my little brother," Spain said, patting the Portuguese man's back.
Italy finally let his laughter out and everyone stared at him (yes, including you, and your grandmother was probably wondering why people these days are so weird). "Portugal, you suck at flirting!" Italy laughed out, wiping away a fake tear (in the most dramatic way possible).

"I-I wasn't even flirting?! I was just complimenting Y/N!" Portugal retorted, pouting a little. "Yeah, yeah, keep lying to yourself," Italy responded sarcastically, and in turn received a smack from Spain (Big sister instincts activated, only she can bully her brother).
"What? I was just stating the truth," Italy said, staring at Spain. The Spaniard raised her hand slightly, indicating that she wouldn't even hesitate to slap him if he said one more word.

"This is normal, don't think much of it, Y/N." Greece whispered to you. You turned your head to look at him. When did he get right next to you? Why is everyone suddenly appearing next to you every now and then?
"If you say so, then okay."

You looked down to the rose that Portugal had given you, it was beautiful. Magnificent indeed, how spectacular.
"You like the rose, right?" Portugal asked you. You nodded. He then told you about how he forgot to take it and that they had to U-turn back to their home just to take it, which was why they were a bit later than they intended to arrive.
Which was something you didn't really have to know or have much use of such information. But hey, it kept a conversation going.

"The food is ready," Your grandmother said from the dining room. You and the others went into the dining room and was hit with a delightful smell (even though if could kind of already be smelt from outside the room).
"Please, take a seat, everyone." Your grandmother spoke softly as she herself sat down on her own chair. You sat down next to her.

The food was delicious, yes, but not much happened during the consumption of the food. You mostly stayed quiet. The ones who were talking the most were Italy and Greece...
Italy would criticise the food on how there wasn't enough salt or pepper or whatnot (especially when he ate the food you cooked, was it out of spite? But he didn't know you cooked those specific dishes, did he?). And then Greece would tell him to shut up and just eat, but Italy wouldn't listen so the cycle just kept repeating until everyone was done eating.

.

You sat down on the couch next to Spain, who was playing with her hair. You could tell she was bored.
"So uhm, Y/N, how's life?" She suddenly questioned, turning her head to face you.
You shrugged, life was neither good nor bad, just, not normal but not in a bad way. It's not like you were dying or something, you were still living, still breathing, and still screaming internally for what the heck has been going on recently.

"So your life is." Spain shrugged, "Like that?" "Eh... yeah?" You replied and she rubbed her chin, staring at you (staring into your soul like a normal person would do).
"...Alright." The Spaniard said and looked away from you, going back to playing with her hair.

"Shut up about it, Italy!" You heard Portugal yell. "C'mon, you really need to stop lying to yourself! It looked more like you were trying to flirt than compliment! Greece agrees!" Italy exclaimed. "When did I agree?!" Greece.
"Sorry about those three, they can be really annoying, like, all the time." Spain stated, twisting a handful of her hair around. "It's... fine, as long as they don't break anything, I guess...?" You kind of lied, yes, you definitely agreed with her statement, they were annoying.

"You need to work on your lying skills, Y/N," Spain responded, you heard a tiny chuckle at the end. "I'm not that bad at lying am I?" You asked, crossing your arms.
"Noooo~?" Spain answered, clearly lying. (It was as clear as day.) "You need to work on your own lying skills before talking about others'." You told her. "Well, you too." She replied, smirking.

.

After a while, the four Countryhumans had to leave. You waved goodbye to them as they went through the door. However, Greece was the last to walk out the door.

"Y/N." He spoke and you looked at him. "Yeah?" You responded, wondering why he wasn't leaving even though the other were already heading towards their ride. Greece cleared his throat, "I apologise for their very unusual behaviours, mostly Italy."
"So you're targeting him?" "Of course, I am, why wouldn't I?" He said in a slightly mocking voice.

"Aside from that, here, take this," He said as he handed you a small box with a note taped on top of it. "Open it later... you'll know when to open it, you'll feel it." He whispered into your ear so your grandmother couldn't hear.
"Okay?" You said and he patted your shoulder. He then walked out the door, while you were left confused. Why was everything getting so confusing nowadays? First the Countryhumans. Then, the random cracking on your room walls, might need to get that fixed, it happened outta nowhere. And third, this box thingy with a note.

'To Y/N L/N,
This may or may not be the right time,
But I guess it would be worth it if it was the right time.
Especially after being teased all day for this box looking like an engagement ring box.

-Greece'