Chapter 4

Not gonna lie...
What if your imaginary friends were REAL?

Ever since the last time you saw Timor-Leste, which was not even a few days ago, you've been thinking. 'What if my imaginary friends WERE real instead of just being imaginary?'
And that was all you could think about all day.

Hmm... If the Countryhumans were real... A part of the living beings on Earth... There would be too much thinking involved to imagine everything that would happen, so you decided you were lazy and gave up thinking about it.

You ended up falling asleep on the couch because of how tired you got from thinking about such a situation, no joke.
Little did you know about the cracks forming around the home as you thought of that idea.

.

After waking up, you felt much more refreshed.
You realized that it was much darker than earlier outside, and you hadn't had dinner yet. You looked around the room, but felt like something was off.

Your grandmother was nowhere to be seen, maybe she was in the kitchen cooking something? Maybe she didn't wake you up even though it was probably already past dinnertime because you were sleeping soundly?

You were not sure at all.
You slowly got up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen, but no one was there, how odd. You walked into a few other rooms, the bathroom, the storage room, your grandmother's room, but you couldn't find her anywhere.

Where did your grandmother go?

"Grandma, where are you?" You called out, feeling a little worried to her whereabouts, after all she was the only family you had left that you were close to.
After all, after your parents went missing, your life and relationships have gone downhill faster than a father going to get the milk after he got a child.

"Looks like you're finally awake, Snake-Head."
 Oh, you knew that nickname. Only one Countryhuman gave you that nickname.
You turned around to face him, "Tail-Snake, where's my grandma-"

You cut yourself off when you saw your grandmother standing right next to Chile. But that wasn't what surprised you, it was the fact your grandmother was patting Chile's shoulder that did.

"G-Grandma!" You blurted out, feeling very weirded out. "What's wrong dearie?" She asked, then turned to face Chile, "Thanks for keeping an eye on them while I was busy, who knew if Y/N was going to fall off the couch or not."
That creeped you out.

Your grandmother was talking to Chile as if he was her second grandchild! 
"No problem, Granny L/N, I got to go now, 'Tina might bombard me with questions as to why I was gone for hours," Chile responded with a slightly noticeable smile.
"Alright, Chile dear, go back home, here are a few cookies to take with you," Your grandmother smiled as she handed the Chilean a packet of the cookies she baked.

You stared at the both of them awkwardly, what the hell was going on? Why was your grandmother interacting with one of your MANY imaginary friends???

You were thinking so hard that you didn't even notice Chile leaving and your grandmother walking up to you.
"Dearie, are you alright?" She questioned, patting your shoulder gently. You blinked, your mind returning back to this world.

"No, very much no..." You answered. "Why's that?" She asked worriedly, "Do you have a fever, a headache, dizziness?" You shook your head quickly.
"It's just that... You talked with... y'know..." You didn't know what to say. Weren't the Countryhumans YOUR imaginary friends?

If they WERE your imaginary friends and your grandmother has never been able to see them, how did she all of a sudden talk to Chile just now, and ALSO patted his shoulder.
"Chile? What's wrong with him?" She said, raising a brow.

"Uhm... There's nothing wrong with him, no, it's just... He's my imaginary friend... I don't really know how to say it but..." You trailed off, your grandmother staring at you as if you just said something offensive.

"What do you mean by that, dearie? Are you sure you're alright? Chile is far from an imaginary friend," She told you and you were bewildered.
Seriously, what the FUCK was going on right now?

"Could you elaborate what you mean by that?" You spoke, rubbing the back of your neck, confused. "Did you take a nap and forget things?" She said, giving you a 'grandma stare'.

"Uh... no?"

.

So guess what, after a long time you finally figured out almost everything that was going on.

It turns out the Countryhumans who were once your imaginary friends ARE now REAL and are living alongside humans.
It made no sense, but you decided to go along with it, even if you were very confused about the sudden change of the world around you.

It also seems that your family is friends with a few Countryhumans, you weren't sure how THAT happened, since your grandmother didn't talk about it much, but that was what you understood of from her explanation.

To be honest, you were still 90% confused, 5% unable to understand, and the last 5% wishing you weren't alive at this moment.
It was all so... out of the ordinary. Like, timeline:

-Countryhumans became your imaginary friends because you're weird.
-You go take a nap.
-You wake up.
-Countryhumans are suddenly real and they didn't just like APPEAR out of nowhere, they've been here FOR A LONG TIME ALREADY.
It did not make sense at all, trust me when I say that.

You came to a few conclusions, and they are: a) It's just a very fucked up dream created from your delulu. b) You're crazy and should be sent to a mental asylum or some shit. c) It's all real and maybe you just went into a different universe be sleeping.

Yeah, the last one made zero sense, but it felt the most plausible... Don't ask. You're delusional, we get it. Eh, who knows which one is correct, all you knew now is that your grandmother was probably weirded out by you now.
Keyword: probably. She may also be disappointed or didn't care about it, but most likely weirded out by your behavior.

From what she told you, you've been friends with multiple Countryhumans for A LONG TIME. You weren't sure which countries, but you knew for a fact it wasn't North Korea, definitely not North Korea.
DEFINITELY.

"Dearie, are you sure you're fine?"
"Yes, grandma, I'm just forgetful at times."

.

YUP!!!! HAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA BTW the reason Chile calls Y/N Snake-Head and Y/N calls Chile Tail-Snake is bc they both have nicknames for each other and it all started with Y/N noticing Chile had a snake tail and yeah, I think that's enough of an elaboration.