Chapter 9

"Snake-Head, remember the little bet we made?" Chile asked you with a sly grin.

"Uh... maybe? Actually no." You answered, staring at him. It was silent for a bit as he stared back at you, the fact that he kept on grinning weirded you out.
To be honest, the only reason you were with him was that he messaged you talking about meeting up somewhere and you agreed.
Not like you had much of a choice, to be fair.

"You sure are forgetful!" He exclaimed, giggling. "I'm not forgetful... at least not all the time." You said, "Stop giggling, you sound like you're dying."
"Well you sound like you're dying when... uh... never mind, I can't think of anything." The Chilean stated, flipping his hair (well, at least he tried to, his hair wasn't really long enough to have that much of a difference shown).

"C'mon, Tail-Snake, tell me what the bet was about... and instead of Tail-Snake can it be Snake-Tail instead?" You suggested and he shook his head. "No changing, we agreed on it!" He responded, giving you a side eye.

"Not like I had much of a choice that time." You muttered and he overheard, giving you another side eye.
"If you continue to side eye this much your eyes might actually side to a different side and be stuck there forever." You told him.

He proceeded to give you another side eye, and noticeably try to hold in a chuckle.
"Just tell me what the bet is." You said. "Just scroll back our messages it's up there... somewhere." He replied, showing off his phone (that had the Chilean flag as its phone cover, it just had to have it).
You took out your phone and checked the chat you had with Chile.

"Why did you send so many memes?" You questioned. "They're funny." He answered, fixing his hair a little as you continued to scroll up.
"So you have Facebook mom humor? Gosh... so many minion memes." You said, looking at the many minion memes he sent in the past (that you were not there for).
"No, I don't... Maybe? But like, I don't use Facebook, nor am I a mother." Chile responded, smirking at his own response.

"You've sent so many memes that I've only scrolled to like, messages from a week ago, and I've been scrolling really quickly." You spoke, scrolling faster.
"You can do it, Snake-Head, I believe in you~!!" He exclaimed, sounding more sarcastic than supportive.

"Why do I feel like you sent so many memes so that I can't find the bet?" "That's because I did!"

.

In the end, you were UNABLE to find a conversation regarding the bet Chile spoke of... And guess what?

It turns out there was never a bet in the first place. Chile knew you couldn't really remember what happened before the y'know, but not the reason why.
So he decided to mess with you and waste your time.

Darn, that was 30 minutes of your life you'll never get back, ever. Dang, are you an unfortunate human being who ended up on Earth and somehow a bunch of land masses are now people (I think it's very clear that they shouldn't be).
It seems your life is kind of interesting, aside from the fact you need to deal with land masses who are pretty immature for their age... They are old, but not like ancestor old, except for a few, though. For a few... more like a handful or more...

They act a lot like regular humans, but kind of higher class, and more popular amongst others. All because they were the embodiment of countries, or they just had country flags on their faces, and that they have powers.

"By the way, that box thingy Greece gave you-" "How do you know about it?" You interrupted the Chilean.
"Greece messaged me," He shrugged, gesturing over to his phone, a recent chat with Greece shown on its screen. "Why would he message you about it?" You questioned, staring at the phone in his hand.
"I dunno..." He trailed off, avoiding eye contact with you.

"So like, how's the box? Opened it yet?" It was his turn to ask questions now.
"I haven't opened it yet," You stated. He asked, "Why not? Where is it anyway?" You asked him why'd he want to know and he didn't answer, avoiding your question by bringing up other topics that were unrelated.

"What if there's a bomb inside it?" He chuckled nervously. You rolled your eyes, "Why would Greece put a bomb in there anyway?" "I mean, you never know," Said Chile as he patted your shoulder lightly.
"Where would he even get hands on a bomb-" "A bunch of places, actually." Chile spoke, getting a little closer to you than normal.
"Then name a few." You told him as you pushed him back to where he originally stood (which wasn't too far nor too close).

"Remember, Snake-Head, I'm a land mass, I have some stuff that's probably illegal for a regular human to own, and Greece is also a land mass." He said, kind of offended that you pushed him away.
"Alright, but I don't see the reason why he'd put a bomb in that tiny box."

"Maybe he's feeling a little destructive? Not gonna lie, have you ever wondered why there were cracks forming in your bedroom-" He cut himself off and shifted awkwardly.
"How do you know there are cracks in my bedroom...?"

He didn't answer, looking away from you as a light blush crept onto his face. "You haven't even gone into my bedroom, how would you know?" You raised your voice but he still didn't answer.
A few seconds of silence passed and Chile answered, "You can see the cracks on the outside..." "You do have a point..." You muttered, "But why would you focus on those cracks?"

"Because they're cracks? Like, they are very visible y'know? It's not like I have to stand right next to your house just to see 'em." He explained. "You're still being very-" "Sus? No, I'm not." He cut you off.

"Stop finishing my-"
"Sentences? Never." He laughed. "Oh my goodness, sh-" "Shut up? Nah, why would I?" He interrupted. You sighed and he he followed in suit. "Chile, I swear-" "Hey, the nickname." He said, narrowing his eyes at you as he smirk was replaced with a frown.

"Fine... Tail-Snake, I swear, if you don't-" "Shut up, I'll slap you? Or should I say you'll slap me? How does this wo-" You slapped him and he was taken aback.
"I never thought you'd actually do that," He said. "Whatever... Can I-" "Go home now? Sure, go ahead." You wanted to slap him again, harder, but you were actually surprised rather than annoyed.

"You're actually letting me leave without forcing me not to?" You murmured and he nodded, "Yes, I am. What? I'm not an asshole." "Actually, you already are an asshole but okay. Goodbye." You told him and turned around to leave, not looking back at him as you walked away.

You swore you heard footsteps behind you get louder and louder, then stop. After that you heard shuffling noises, and the footsteps got softer.

.
Hehe, 🕺🕺🕺 IDK what else to write rn I just wanna play HSR but no trailblaze power 😔
Anyway, Chile and Y/N bonding time. Get snake'd 🐍