Chapter 10

Box box box box...

Yes, just box. Well, small box to be more specific. A typical engagement ring box looking type of box, if that made any sense.
You were staring at the box Greece had given you. It was right in your hands as you stared at it, intense staring for real.

You felt an intense urge to just open it right here and right now. For some reason, though, there was SOMETHING stopping you from doing so. At least right now, that is.
Maybe you can open it later and see what's inside. It did feel pretty light, there probably wasn't much in there, definitely no jewellery in there, for sure.

For a little bit more information, you were currently home alone and in your room. Your grandmother had gone out with her friends around her age... yes, your grandmother had a better social life than you, but that shall not be discussed now.
You COULD think about something else for now, unfortunately, disassociating from reality ain't that easy when you want to open a little tiny box but for some reason can't.
The thought just couldn't leave you.

So, you just held onto the box as you laid down on your bed, contemplating your many life choices that haven't been that great. Yep, it seems this was your life now. Being a darn loner because of so many fake friends...
How cliché.

'Maybe I can open it now,' You thought, staring at the box, not tearing your gaze away from it.
You felt a sudden urge to open it again, and the feeling of something stopping you was no longer there. (Was this what Greece meant about a right time? Who knows?)
You sit back up, even though lying down was definitely more comfortable, at least by 10 percent.

You open the box quickly, who cares about opening it slowly, you weren't in a movie opening a secret chest or something and snakes pop outta it. You were safe, in the comfort of your own home after all. (That may not be forever safe because of cracking walls, but 🤷)

You were met with a teeny-tiny notepad, with chicken scratch handwriting on it, which was much worse than your handwriting. Did Greece have such horrible handwriting? Oh well, you learn something knew everyday.
To be fair, the handwriting surprised you more than what was written. (Because you see the handwriting first... barely understanding what was even written 😔)

Oh, your poor eyes... Luckily it didn't hurt your eyes as much as some Countryhumans Fan Art you've seen online... (especially on Google but let's not talk about em rn)
Aside from all that, time to try to decipher what was written as if it was writing on cave walls or inside a pyramid from those Ancient Egyptian times. (New life goal set. Unsure whether or not will succeed.)

Okay so, the first thing that was written on the notepad was a sentence... that started with Hello.
Yeah, you weren't sure what the next few words were, but hey, it takes time to understand new languages -excuse me- shitty handwriting.
No cause seriously, so many letters looked the same it was hard to distinguished one from another. You had even thought Greece wrote 'Hoiie' instead of 'Hello' at first.
(Yes, dissing him off for his handwriting, but what if it was like, one of the others' writing instead??? Oops.)

A bit of time passed, which was definitely not more than 5 minutes, you understood what he wrote. Yes, it wasn't that long, but it was still a pretty darn long time. Okay okay, what he wrote was, 'Hello, sorry if my handwriting sucks Italy hit my dominant hand so I need to use my'.
Yes, that was it. Anyway, next page of the notepad.

'(Continuation) other hand. Anyway, you must be wondering about why I gave you this box with this'. Next page.
'Darn why is this paper so small or is it my handwriting being big". Greece's handwriting was probably the one to blame... both messy and huge. Yes, very huge. (Like his di- /j)

Okay, enough of that introduction or whatever you call it thingy, it's time to get serious. To the next page we goooo!!! 🗣️🗣️🗣️
'As an answer to why I've written all this, okay so, I have a theory ✨'. His handwriting was smaller... and yes, he actually drew a sparkle.
'Alright so, my theory is actually about you 🫵 (*insert poorly drawn hand that looks more like a choking chicken than a hand*)'. Also, about you? A theory about you? What theory? Game theory? Film theory? Food theory? Style theory? Space theory???

'You see, I have a feeling you're connected to something. I think you're able to do some magical stuff shit thingy idk'. Okay, so? And you flipped to the next paper, which was filled with a bunch of doodles that honestly, looked worse than a toddler's drawings.
You swore Greece was able to carve statues and other very cool stuff but he couldn't draw? How's that possible.
That was until you noticed the little writing at the corner of the drawing.
'(I asked Italy to draw these, yes, I can draw, Italy can't.)'

The doodles showed a hand (?) touched what seemed to be a wall with cracks, and the next doodle is the cracks gone, with just the hand and the supposed wall left.
'Do this, Y/N, then tell me if my theory is correct. Don't ask, just do it.'
Alright? How odd. Touching a wall... with cracks...

You looked at the wall the nearest to your bed, which had slow forming cracks. There weren't there earlier. Is your house really gonna fall down faster than Humpty Dumpty did?
Anyway, you touched it with your palm... and nothing happened. Why would anything happen to be honest-

And then it happened.
But not in the way you expected it to happen.
Instead of following the doodles, the cracks decided to become even larger and more visible instead. Maybe you shouldn't have touched it, how were you going to tell your grandmother the home she's lived in where she experienced most of her happiest moments in was gonna crack away and end up like Humpty Dumpty, cracked and unrepairable?

That was when you received a text, from Finland. Huh, why'd Finland message you out of nowhere?

'Wtf ur house looking likes it's gonna tumble down and bury you with it.'
Luckily, you were able to read and process the entire thing before the text was deleted.
'I just texted u my grocery list sorry about that kid.'

...
'No u didn't.' You texted back.
Left on read.