Chapter 16 - The Senior

"Hey Soph?" Asked Michael, making me look up from his chest. I could just make out the outline of his face.

"Hmm," I murmured in response.

"What would you do if I kissed you right now?" He asked quietly.

————————————————————————————————————————————

I literally thought that my heart had stopped, and that I was going to hyperventilate and die right then and there. It was deathly silent in my living room. I was still sort of huddled on Michael's lap, and he was looking down at me intently. He looked half amused and half anxious. I looked up at him, my eyes meeting his. I went to answer him, but no sound came out. I sat there with my mouth half open. He smirked at me, and leant slightly further down towards my ear.

"You know, whatever you say I'm going to kiss you anyway," he whispered huskily, giving me goosebumps all over my body.

We were only inches apart, just staring at each other. His hold on me was firm so that there was no way I could escape - even if I wanted to. I noticed that his thumb was rubbing soft circles on the edge of my thigh. My breathing hitched in my throat as he moved the hand that wasn't on my leg to my face. Ever so slowly, he placed a kiss at the bottom of my jaw before placing tiny kisses in a trail until he reached the corner of my lips. I heard him chuckle softly at the effect he was having on me, considering I could barely move. I sat still, his lips still attached to the very corner of mine. When I thought he was going to stay like that forever, he used the hand holding my cheek to turn my face ever so slightly, so that our lips met. He expertly manoeuvred the kiss, running his tongue along my bottom lip. Thank God he was totally holding me up, otherwise I would be a mess on the floor. I somehow found it within in me to kiss back, and I felt my lips move against his. We stayed joined at the lips for a few moments, before it took everything within me to pull away, and stare at him in confusion. 

"I thought you had a no-freshman policy?" I managed to mutter as he continued to hold my face in his hand.

"Not when it comes to you," he replied softly, as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

And then for the second time in five minutes, and the third time in one day, Michael Edwards kissed me. 

And at that moment, it didn't matter that Oxford's worst storm was happening right outside, it didn't matter that he was a senior and I was a freshman, it didn't matter that he was Dylan's best friend. All that mattered was that he wanted me as much as I wanted him. 

The kiss deepened, and Michael lifted me slightly off his lap, before lying me down on the couch all the while keeping our lips attached. He pulled back to smirk at me as he hovered over, before leaning back down and rejoining our lips. Michael supported his weight above me as he gently dipped his tongue into my mouth. I had literally never had a kiss this good. Fred had nothing on Michael. I moved my tongue along with his for a few more moments before he pulled away, still supporting his weight above me.

MICHAEL'S POV

I had tried. Honestly, I really had tried to ignore my feelings for Soph. But after seeing how cute she looked on my lap I simply couldn't ignore them any longer. She pouted when I pulled my lips away from hers, and I chuckled at her annoyance. There was another clap of thunder, and I felt her tense up beneath me.