Chapter 6 - Track Team and... Date?

I held the phone away from my ear as I listened to Emma scream on the other end.

"YOU GET TO KISS MICHAEL EDWARDS?" She exclaimed, as I winced at her unnaturally high voice.

"Ew, no. I'm going to tell Grace to take it out of the script. There's not way I'm doing that," I replies, shuddering at the thought.

I would rather kiss a dead, mouldy fish than put my lips anywhere near Edward's. I mean sure, we'd had a civil conversation last night. Heck, I might even say we bonded. But that doesn't mean that he isn't the same annoying boy that is just my older brother's friend.

"Oh please Soph, as if you aren't dying to know what Michael's lips taste like! Half the school wants to know, even guys," Emma said with a happy sigh.

I chuckled at her insanity. "You are crazy. And I beg to differ, my lips aren't going anywhere near his, even if his taste better than the best tasting food on earth."

After more arguments about Michael, Emma and I eventually hung up.

It was the day after the basketball party, and I think it would be fair to assume that most of the senior class would be suffering from some intense hangovers. Considering it was a Sunday, I was planning to spend my day doing the school work that I had let myself fall behind in. Even though the first few days of school had only just passed, I had already managed to get behind in work, start a food fight, join the drama club and attend a senior party. It sounded like a pretty hectic description of a freshman's first week, and I had decided that it was definitely time for me to 'cool it down' a little. For the next week, I planned to do my school work and fraternise with freshmen only.

I was sitting at our downstairs table when Dylan joined me.

"So what is this, I hear about you playing seven minutes in heaven with a bunch of seniors?" he asked sternly.

 I felt my cheeks turn red, and I grinned sheepishly, "Whoops," I muttered, as I tried to continue with my homework.

"Yeah, 'whoops' is right. What on earth were you thinking?" He asked.

I finally looked up from my boring history notes. "I was practically forced into playing. Besides, nothing even happened."

"Yeah I know. You're lucky Michael was looking out for you last night," he said.

"Wait, what?" I asked confusedly.

"Well, when he called me this morning, he explained what happened. He didn't want me to think that anything had happened between you two in the closet," said Dylan with relief. "You're lucky none of those senior boys tried to pull anything on you."

I sighed. Honestly, Dylan acted more like my father than my actual father did sometimes.

"Yeah whatever Dylan, it wasn't like I would do anything anyway," I argued. "You're overreacting."

"I'm not!" he said cooly. "I've had a few guys come up and tell me that they think you're 'hot'" Dylan looked disgusted with this idea, and I tried to stifle a giggle at his expression.

"Dy, they're just trying to mess with you," I said calmly. "I highly doubt any senior boy would actually be interested in me."

He looked as though he didn't believe me in the slightest, "Yeah well, just remember, no seniors."

I sighed, "Yes Dy."

He gave me a pat on the back, before leaving me with my school work. I figured that now wouldn't exactly be the best time to tell Dylan that the musical script outlined a kiss between the characters Michael and I were playing. Not that the kiss was actually going to happen, I would make sure of that.