Chapter 8 - Kiss

MICHAEL'S POV

My eyes flickered to Soph, who was purposefully staring directly at the ground. Here cheeks were the slightest shade of pink, whilst Grace looked entirely gleeful.

"Uh," I muttered, running a hand through my har, entirely lost for words.

It was ont thing to have to kiss a freshman, but entirely another for that freshman to be Sophia Williams.

Sophia Williams : my best friend's little sister, the girl I have tormented for a solid five years.

I mean, I'm Michael Edwards. Basketball captain. I'm not an actor, or a singer. And I most definitely do not go around kissing freshmen. I have an image to uphold.

Thankfully, Sophia also seemed lost for words, so Grace stepped in.

"Now, I'd like to chat about professionalism," Grace said, emphasising the word.

She clasped her hands together, and stared meaningfully at Soph and I. The other four people in the drama club actually looked interested for once as something remotely exciting was happening.

"This is the first year that we will be performing a proper musical, and it has to be perfect. It is a romantic comedy, and I expect both of you to uphold the actors code of conduct," Grace said sternly.

Soph raised her eyebrows, "In case you haven't noticed, we're not actors. We have no clue what this 'code of conduct' is," she said, using her hands to make quotation marks.

I nodded in agreement, as Grace spluttered in anger. I tried to contain my laughter at how angry she looked. I met eyes with Soph briefly, and noticed that she looked amused at our drama teacher too.

"This isn't funny," Grace said grumpily, "The script is there for a reason, and you are to follow it. Principal George has a lot riding on this play, and you are going to perform it perfectly come opening night. Do you understand?"

I sighed, nodding my head. I watched as Soph hesitantly did the same.

"Now to the matter of the kiss, which is what I'm sure has you both so worked up about," she said, with a wink, returning to her usual happy self.

Soph blushed once again, and I couldn't help but smirk at her, causing her cheeks to turn an even deeper shade of pink. I knew Dylan would kill us if he knew about what the script said. He had given Soph a strict 'no seniors' policy, and I similarly had my 'no freshmen' policy.

"I don't want the kiss to happen until our first dress rehearsal, that way, it will seem natural," Grace said looking pleased with herself.

The two girls in the front row of drama club 'ooh'ed and 'aah'ed at this, whilst Soph looked extremely unhappy. I'm not going to lie, I kind of wondered why.

Usually, I had girls lining up to kiss me.

"Okay let's take it from the top of page six," Grace called, clapping her hands.

Page six

Jordan : "Megan, I think that I may love you."

*Megan stares at Jordan in shock.*

*Jordan grabs her by her shoulders and looks into her eyes*. "It's true."

*Jordan takes Megan's hand, and leads her away into an empty classroom.*

Megan : "We can't be in love. I've read Romeo and Juliet thousands of times, and forbidden love never works out."