Chapter 24 - The Final

SOPHIA'S POV

Dylan immediately grabbed my arm, leading both Michael and I over to his car. I shot Michael a worried look as I leaned against the passenger door. He simply shrugged his shoulders - seemingly nonchalant about the whole ordeal.

"Now would probably be a good time to explain," said Dylan sternly, looking between the both of us.

There really wasn't any point in lying.

I mean, after all, Michael had basically admitted to half the party that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. It would only be a matter of time before Dylan found out anyway.

"Well," I began, trying to find the words to explain.

I looked to Michael, hoping that he would know what to say.

"Uh, I guess I kind of like your sister man. As more than a friend," said Michael awkwardly, running a hand through his hair.

Dylan's eyes kind of glazed over, and his mouth dropped open as he stared at Michael in shock.

"Jeez, I was hoping you were going to say you were drunk or something and that it just happened," he muttered.

I shrugged helplessly, "I like him too, Dy."

Dylan's eyes bulged even wider if that was possible.

"You do?" He spluttered.

I nodded my head sheepishly in confirmation.

"What happened to no seniors?" he asked me, with a raised eyebrow.

I grinned slightly, "That was your rule, not mine!"

Dylan sighed, "Well... I guess if you have to like a senior I'm glad it's Michael."

Michael shot me a small smirk, and wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

Dylan caught this look, and stared at Michael sternly, "But if you ever hurt my sister man. I swear to God, I will make you regret it."

Michael raised his hands in defence, "It won't happen bro."

I shook my head wearily at the two of them. Just when I thought Dylan was going to attack Michael, he pulled him into a hug. I would never understand boys.

So, Michael and Dylan hugged it all out in true male style.

Deciding it was time to call it a night, we all hopped into Dylan's car, with the intention of stuffing our faces at McDonald's on the way home. It was a rather pleasant ride, despite a few comments from Dylan about how he couldn't believe what was happening.

A few ice-cream sundae's later, it was time to drop Michael home. He kissed me gently on the cheek under the watchful eye of Dylan, and I waved to him as he walked into his yard. I couldn't help but embrace the corny, fluttering feeling in my stomach as I touched my hand to my cheek. Dylan groaned at my antics, and shook his head before backing out - taking us home.

MICHAEL'S POV

I sighed happily as I entered my house. It had been, without a doubt, a crazy few months. I had never, ever expected that my life would end up like this. That I would be in a musical...and actually enjoy it, that I would lie to everyone about a relationship...and that I would fall in love.

It sounds corny to think about it like that, but these past few months had changed everything about me. I was no longer the "jock". And I owed it all to Soph.

She hadn't taken any of my shit...ever. She had fought right back on senior prank day, causing the both of us to land ourselves in "musical detention". As crazy as it sounds, I would have Soph pour juice over me one hundred times again if it meant that we would end up together like this.

Oh God, I'm getting soppy, I thought, as I lay down on my bed. Next thing I knew, I would be coming up with couple names for Soph and I.

Well, come to think of it ... Moph did sound pretty good.

I chuckled softly to myself. A few months ago, I wouldn't even recognise the person I am today. But I guess, that's a good thing. I like the new me better. But what I like most, is the fact that the "new me" has a "new girl". The only thing that I regretted was that Soph had been in my life for as long as I could remember, and we had both been too blind to see that we had feelings for each other. I guess the constant pranking, teasing and tricking kind of blurred any potential for a relationship.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. Groaning slightly, I got out of bed to answer it. An unknown number flashed across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered, curious to see who was on the other end of the line.

"Is this Michael Edwards?" Came a distinct male, American accent.

I frowned, "Yeah, who is this?"

The man on the other end chuckled, "Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Alex. Alexander Johnson. I'm a music manager in America."

I was confused. Why was this man calling me?

"Sorry to call out of the blue, but I've actually been searching for your number all night. Someone uploaded a video of you in your school musical to youtube, and I couldn't pass up the chance to work with such talent," said Alex seriously.

I was lost for words. "Um?" Was all I could reply.

Alex chuckled again, "I know this sounds crazy, and you have every right not to trust me - but I know talent. And Michael? Talent is exactly what you have."

"Uh thanks man, but I still don't get what it is you want?" I replied curiously.

"What I want, is for you to come to California. I'm going to make you a star," he said.

My mouth hung open slightly. Was this guy serious?

"Kid, one day everyone will know the name 'Michael Edwards'," he said, sounding as if he meant every word.

And, it turns out, Alexander Johnson did mean every word he said.