Chapter 21 - Kissing Other Girls

SOPHIA'S POV

I literally felt my stomach drop as I saw Michael and Jessica locked at the lips. She had her hands attached to his face, and was practically sitting on his lap. I wanted to walk over there, and rip that stupid fake blonde hair off of her head I was so mad. It was if my feet were glued to the ground, and I watched completely frozen, as they pulled apart. It took only a moment for Michael to notice me from across the yard, and I saw his mouth drop in regret. He made a move to get up, but I simply shook my head and finally found the will to move, as I walked as quickly as I could inside the school.

Excuse my French, but I had never felt this...well, shit. A boy had never, ever made me feel like this. Not even Fred when he had practically forced me into a relationship. With Michael, I actually felt hurt. It killed me to see him with some other girl, especially Jessica.

What hurt even more though, was the fact that we weren't even 'official'. Technically he had every right to kiss whoever he wanted – but that didn't mean I wanted him too. We hadn't even defined his relationship, so really, I couldn't be mad at him.

In all honesty, I had expected something like this to happen. Michael had always been known for his 'player' ways, and I knew that I couldn't expect him to change for me – especially considering we hadn't even defined our relationship.

Unfortunately, I would have to spend literally the entire day with Michael. First, we had homeroom. And then, it was a full day of musical practice – where I would have to pretend to be in love with him.

The last thing I wanted to do was go to homeroom, but I knew that I didn't have a choice. So when the bell rang, I walked as fast as I could to get there and get a seat with Emma. Thankfully Emma was already sitting at a two people desk, so I immediately went and sat with her – hoping to avoid Michael (and Jessica) at all costs.

I tried not to notice when Michael came into homeroom, immediately followed by Jessica. He looked over at me with meaning, but I avoided his gaze. Jessica however, looked triumphant and was giggling the entire homeroom. Needless to say, I was incredibly happy when the bell rang.

On my way to the musical rehearsal rooms, Michael tried to catch up with me multiple times however I always managed to turn a corner and avoid him. I had nearly made it to the rooms when I felt a hand grab my arm from behind and pull me into a room. I panicked at first as the room was completely dark, but the person quickly switched on a light – and I realised that I was face-to-face with Michael in a janitor closet.

I immediately went to leave however Michael blocked my exit.

"Soph please just hear me out," he begged.

I sighed quietly, "Michael there's nothing to hear. You're free to do whatever you want. I have no hold over you."

He furrowed his eyebrows, and looked at me thoughtfully, "You don't understand Soph, she kissed me!"

"Yeah and you kissed her back. But seriously I don't care," I muttered, trying to get out of the closet once again.

He raised an eyebrow, "You kind of look like you care."

I frowned, "Well I don't. It's not like we were anything."

This comment almost seemed as if it hurt him, but he brushed it off.

"You don't think we were anything?" He asked quietly.

I avoided his eye contact; suddenly aware of how close we were in the janitors closet, "Well no. I get if you want to kiss other girls, seriously it's fine if you don't like me Michael!"

I immediately regretted saying that last part. It made me sound like a little needy child. But hey, at least it told him how I felt.

He smirked at me, "You really think I don't like you?"

I looked up at him and realised that he was staring at me full on, "Well, not in that way."

He grinned, "In what way?"

I glared up at him, "Please don't make me say it Michael."

And then, out of all the things he could do – he chuckled! And then, he kissed me roughly on the top of my head.

"Soph, I do like you in that way," he whispered in my ear, causing goose bumps to form. I blushed, grateful that he couldn't see it in the dark light of the janitor's closet.

"And I swear to you, she kissed me. I really wouldn't do that to you," he added, as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Sorry for kind of freaking out," I mumbled sheepishly.

Michael chuckled once again, "It's fine, I thought it was cute."

I pouted up at him, and he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Okay, so how about this," said Michael as I waited for him to continue.

"I won't kiss any other girls, if you don't kiss any other boys," he said, staring down at me.

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face, and he grinned back.

"It's a deal," I replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So here's a short, early update for you guys! :) I did it because I'm feeling really happy today ahah 

We're just one chapter away from the musical whop whop! Are you guys enjoying the story so far? Please let me know x

Also, if you want to know me better you can always message me or hit me in other social media (way better because I rarely check my notifs tbh sorry) :) don't be a stranger, lets be friends yay :)

here's my social media :)
twitter : gabriellealxndr // instagram : gabriellealxndr // facebook link on my page :)

Love love,
alex :)