Chapter 19 - Shawty

SOPHIA'S POV

Oh shit.

We were screwed.

Done for. Finito. Finished. It was over.

.... all before it had even started.

Dylan was glowering at Michael and I, breathing heavily as he stared at us from the other side of the window.

MICHAEL'S POV

I was considering winding up the window, putting the car in reverse, and backing the fuck out of Soph's driveway as quickly as I could. And then, move to Mexico and never, ever see Dylan for as long as I live.

But, somehow, I didn't really think that was a possibility.

I stole a quick glance at Soph, whose eyes were wide. She looked as shocked as I felt.

Dylan was practically red in the face. I'd never seen him look so furious in my life.

Realising that neither of us had responded to him, I raised my hands in defence wearily.

"Dylan, I can explain man," I said slowly, hoping that he would somehow hear me out and everything would just magically go back to normal.

"What? Explain why you basically kidnapped my sister from school today and then nearly kissed her?" He yelled angrily with a frown.

"Dylan calm down, he didn't 'kidnap' me," exclaimed Soph in my defence, "We just...went for lunch."

Dylan raised an eyebrow and scoffed, "You skipped school Soph...with Michael. And then I find the two of you sitting in his car about to kiss!"

"It's not what it looks like," I muttered desperately, "We were just - "

But Dylan cut me off, "Just what Michael? I know exactly the type of guy you are, and you're fine to have as a mate but you treat girls like shit. My little sister, who is only a freshman by the way, is not going to just be another girl that you use."

Soph flinched at his words, and I wanted nothing but to put an arm around her and reassure her that she meant so much more to me than that.... but I knew that would probably send Dylan over the edge.

SOPHIA'S POV

Dylan and Michael were staring at each other. Dylan's expression was set in a glare, whilst Michael's looked hesitant. They were both breathing heavily in the cold air.

How could we have been so stupid, as to try and kiss in my driveway?

My mind was a whirl of thoughts, and I could barely even comprehend what was happening.

Dylan interrupted my incoherent thoughts, by yanking open Michael's car door.

"Both of you are coming inside right now, and explaining to me what the fuck is going on," said Dylan with authority. I nodded meekly, and stared over at Michael - who looked scared out of his mind - before getting out of the car.

Dylan immediately grabbed my wrist, and led me roughly in through the front door - leaving Michael to follow behind slowly. Sitting me down on the couch, Dylan pulled up a chair and sat directly in front of me. Michael who was a few steps behind, sat next to me on the couch. The whole thing would have been funny if Dylan hadn't been so mad. The way Michael and I were positioned made us look like we were just two teenagers who had gotten in trouble by Dylan.

Which, technically, was true.

"Dylan please don't be mad at Michael," I said carefully, checking to make sure Dylan was listening.