Chapter 2 - Flirts

After hanging around the school court yard and talking to students we had known from middle school, I was feeling a lot more confident about starting high school. Emma of course, was already freaking out about the senior prank day - where we freshmen would inevitably be humiliated. And something made me sure that my brother and his friends would be behind most of the pranks...

Eventually, the bell rang and Emma and I rushed to our form room. Thankfully, we had been assigned form rooms during the holidays, so we knew that we would be together.

It didn't take long to find our room, and we walked anxiously inside to find a beaming lady standing in the middle of the room.

"Hello girls, you must be Emma and Sophia. I'm Miss Laura," she said with an incredibly large smile.

Emma and I smiled nervously back.

"So which one of you is which?" asked the old lady.

I heard a snigger from the back of the room, and turned to see that Michael and Jacob were in the back row, obviously finding our awkwardness hilarious. I rolled my eyes when I realised that Jacob had a girl with bleached blonde hair sitting on his lap. Sitting next to Michael, was basically a clone of the blonde girl that was on Jacob's lap. I realised that my suspicions had by been right about the type of people that my brother and his friends hung out with.

I heard Emma answer our new teacher, "I'm Emma, and this is Soph."

"Oh, so you like to be called Soph?" asked Miss Laura, her grin widening if that was even possible.

I nodded politely, as Michael choked back another laugh.

"Well, you two can go and sit with the other freshmen, they're all in the fourth row," said Miss Laura enthusiastically, gesturing to what was obviously the third row.

Sitting in the row, was a girl with red hair and glasses, and two boys. Emma and I made our way over. 

After that, Miss Laura called roll and eventually everyone began to break off into their own conversations. Emma and I introduced ourselves to our fellow freshmen.

I tried to start a conversation with the red haired girl, who I'd found out was called Rose. She, however, was incredibly shy and appeared as though she didn't have much to say.

Emma was just as bad though, and I stifled a giggle as I watched her stare unashamedly at Michael and Jacob.

"Emz, you're drooling," I joked, as she turned around to glare at me.

One of the freshmen, Jim, began to laugh at me and we started a conversation about what classes we would each be taking.

Emma, who had just received her timetable, immediately snatched mine off me to check whether we had any classes together.

"Oh my God," exclaimed Emma hysterically, "Soph we only have one class together, what am I going to do?!"

I chuckled at her insanity, "Calm done Emz, I'm sure you'll know some people. Otherwise just make new friends."

She stared at me with wide eyes, as if that was a crazy idea.

"What if I don't know ANYONE?" she wailed.

Jim, and the other male freshman, Fred, stared at her in shock.

I simply shook my head, "Don't worry, she'll calm down," I explained with a giggle.

All of a sudden, I felt a heavy arm swung around my shoulder. I turned to see Michael smirking at me, with Jacob right behind him.

"Yes Edwards?" I questioned him, trying to shake his arm off me.