Chapter 18 - City Views

SOPHIA'S POV

We had been driving for nearly two hours when I finally realised where Michael was driving us.

London.

I could see the big skyscrapers rising into the sky, the river and the landmarks. My mouth was probably hanging open but I didn't even care - I loved the city. Michael smirked over at me, obviously realising that he had chosen the right place to take me. We lived about 65 miles away from London, so we didn't go into the city often. It was nice for a change though, and it was so much more exciting than Oxford.

Michael parked in an underground parking spot, before grabbing my hand and leading me up into the busy street. It was probably lunch hour, considering business men and women were hurriedly walking through the long streets.

"Uh where exactly are we going?" I asked Michael hesitantly. He seemed to have somewhere in mind, because every so often we would turn into another street.

He looked over at me grinning with a wink, "I'm taking you on a date." I tried desperately to hide the massive smile that was threatening to spread across my face, so I simply nodded at him.

He nudged me with his shoulder, "Come on it'll be fun." I giggled girlishly (which was unlike me). What was wrong with me? I was nervous, and shaky. Even though I'd been on dates before, this felt different. No one had ever bothered to take me somewhere like London. I was anxious, but I was also flattered and excited. And what made it worse was the fact that Michael seemed so composed. He was the epitome of smooth - cool, calm and collected. And here I was walking next to him, frazzled and nervous. Oh God, I probably had sweaty hands too. If I did, Michael didn't notice because he simply kept leading me along the busy streets. We eventually reached a huge building and I immediately knew where we were. The Skylon.

The Skylon was a large restaurant in London that moved around in circles so that you could get views of the entire city. Basically, it was an amazing place. Michael grinned down at me, and I smiled back excitedly - Skylon was my favorite restaurant in the world. My Mom and I used to come here every now and then and just watch the people down on the street. I felt a little underdressed considering I was only in my clothes from school, but I figured I wouldn't see anyone else that I knew.

Michael and I took a seat on the outer edge, and we sat in silence for a while as our table moved slowly around the skyline of London. It wasn't an awkward silence... just comfortable. I nearly had to pinch myself to realise that I was actually in London with my older brother's best friend - skipping school. Eventually a waiter came over to take our orders, and Michael ordered for me. Normally I would find a guy ordering for me bossy and annoying...but there was something about the way he did it that was just plain, well, sexy.

Michael smirked at me from across the table.

"Excited for the musical?" He asked curiously as he ran a hand through his golden brown hair.

I bit down on my lower lip to stop myself from sighing about how bloody hot he looked.

"Urgh I guess. I'm kind of nervous though and it's only three days away," I replied.

---------------------------------------

MICHAEL'S POV

Did she not know what biting her lip did to me? All it did was draw attention to her lips, and all I wanted to do right now was lean across the table and kiss her. But that wasn't a generally socially accepted action in a rotating restaurant - so I refrained. I had never imagined that I would do something like this, especially with Soph. Sure, I skipped school all the time - but I never, ever did it for a girl.

I was never really the type of guy to fawn over a girl, especially one four years younger than me. But there was something about Soph that made me want to. And that is what freaked me out. In all honesty, I was more likely to be the type of guy that 'fucked and chucked', but I knew I could never do something like that to Soph. Maybe it was because of Dylan, or maybe it was because I genuinely liked Soph - but there was no denying that I actually cared about her.

Realising I hadn't yet responded to her, I nodded my head thoughtfully.

"What do you think Dylan's going to say?" I asked her.

I watched as her face squinted at the thought, "I don't think he'll be too happy," she replied.

I nodded again, "I reckon he'll be more mad that we didn't tell him about the kiss," I added.

She smiled grimly, agreeing with me. "Maybe he won't notice," she mused.

I raised an eyebrow, chuckling, "Sure, he won't notice our lips attached."

Soph blushed slightly and I smirked at her. Taking advantage of the opportunity, I ran my foot up the length of her leg. I watched as her eyes widened and her breathing hitched slightly. I knew that I was making her kind of nervous and I loved the effect I had on her. That was, until she bit down on her lip. I furrowed my eyebrows - she didn't even know the effect that had on me.

-----------------------------------------

SOPHIA'S POV

Michael's foot was currently right in my lap, and all he freaking did was sit across the table and smirk at me. I was just about to kick his leg off me when the waiter returned with our meals. The food was amazing. We chatted while we ate, occasionally looking down at the beautiful views of the city. It was beginning to snow ever so softly, making the view look like it should be on a post card. I couldn't think of a more perfect first date.

After about an hour, we finally decided that we should probably head back. The drive back was long and it was incredibly hard not to just fall asleep in Michael's car. Michael sang softly under his breath the entire car ride, and it never failed to amaze me how incredible his voice actually was.

He finally began to steer into my street. He pulled up outside my house, his hand resting on the steering wheel as he stared over at me. I watched him intently as he began to lean towards me. My breathing hitched, and just as our lips were about to meet, I heard a knocking on the car window. I nearly jumped out of my seat. I watched as Michael's facial expression turned to shock, and I knew. I knew straight away who was on the other side of the window.

Agonisingly slowly, I turned around to see my brother on the other side - staring furiously at Michael and I. I smiled sheepishly, hoping it would soften him up a bit. But no, if possible, he only stared at me harder. I wound down the window, nervous about what was going to happen. I'd never seen Michael scared before, but at this moment he basically looked like he was going to drop dead.

With the window down, Dylan stared at the both of us.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asked angrily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Another update yay :) Thank you for all the votes and comments sent on the previous chapter, they make me soo happy! 

Also, the location in this chapter is probably made up because I haven't been anywhere in the UK (I live far far away from UK btw) and I don't really know how it is there, it's probably my imagination, with some research for the restaurant name tho.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :) Don't forget to vote and leave a comment below, love x