Chapter 5 - Basketball and Parties

Dylan roared with laughter when I told him that I was in the drama club.

He seemed a little shocked to know that Michael had driven me home. However, he was happy that I hadn't walked in the dark. Dylan was always a little too over protective.

"Shut up, it's not funny." I whined, nudging him as he kept laughing.

"Yes, it really is. But you're a good singer, so I don't know why you're so worried," he said looking at me curiously.

I avoided to look into his eyes. "Yeah, but I haven't sing since Mom," I whispered.

At first I thought that Dylan hadn't heard me, but he soon pulled me into his side, and gently rubbed my arm.

"Soph, she'd want you to sing," he said gently.

I felt my eyes begin to water, but I refused to let any tears fall.

I nodded, and stood up and gave Dylan a small smile.

He didn't seem satisfied though, and sighed, "Soph, you have to talk about her sometime."

I swallowed nervously. "I'm fine, Dylan."

"Do you want me to tell Michael so he can keep an eye on you tomorrow during the auditions?" he asked hesitantly.

I shook my head furiously. "No way."

He was defeated, "Okay Soph, but seriously, if you ever want to talk about Mom you can always come to me."

Nodding my head, I gave him one last smile before going to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I slept restlessly that night, and when I awake in the morning, I felt insanely tired.

"Wow, you look like crap," Dylan exclaimed when I finally surfaced downstairs.

"Thanks." I replied sarcastically.

Dad was just on his way out when I came downstairs, so he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before rushing out to his car. After mom died, he threw himself into his work and we barely ever saw him.

"Seriously though, Soph, did you sleep at all?" Dylan asked in a concerned tone as we walked out to his car.

"Yeah, kind of," I lied as I got into the passenger seat.

Dylan looked as though he didn't believe me, but he dropped the topic.

When we got to school, I met Emma as usual outside the school gates.

We were shocked when we walked in, as we practically ran straight into Michael, who was sucking face with Jessica. You could barely tell who as who, as Jessica's bleached blonde hair was all over both of their faces.

I mean, seriously, at least go somewhere private.

Dylan looked proud, I looked disgusted, and Emma looked devastated.

"I didn't know they were dating. That sucks," Emma whispered to me so that Dylan didn't hear.

"Don't worry Emma, Dylan is still single." I whispered back with a wink.

This seemed to make her in a better mood somewhat, even though the thought of it grossed me out.

Michael seemed to continue his PDA with Jessica all the way to homeroom, which they walked into holding hands. Jessica giggled girlishly and Michael winced as she did so, but gave her a small smile back. Emma just sat there staring at them during homeroom.