Chapter 9 - High School Musical

SOPHIA'S POV

I woke up the next morning, and gently pressed a hand to my lips, remembering the night before. Fred had kissed me and he had actually wanted to. He likes me. I was having trouble comprehending this. Nevertheless, I was incredibly happy.

Forgetting all about how upset I was the day before, I bounded out of bed and got dressed for school. I met Dylan downstairs, who was sitting at the table with a bowl of cereals.

"Hey Soph," he greetted with a mouth full, spluttering milk everywhere.

I giggled. "Ew Dylan, you're disgusting."

He winked at me. "But you love me."

I rolled my eyes. "Only because I have to," I replied joking.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, pretending to act shocked.

I simply shook my head as he somehow managed to eat the rest of his huge bowl in about twenty seconds. He quickly packed up his bag and threw an arm around my shoulder as we headed out to his car.

After a few troubles starting his old car, Dylan finally managed to get it on the road.

"So, I, uh, sang yesterday," I muttered awkwardly to Dylan, knowing that Michael would probably tell him if I didn't.

Dylan nearly beeped the horn, he seemed so shock by my news. "What?! Really?" he exclaimed as he struggled to keep his eyes on the road. 

I smiled slightly. "Concentrate!"

He simply shook his head. "That's huge news, how do you expect me to concentrate? So what was it like?"

I couldn't help but grin, "I loved it," I admitted.

Words couldn't describe the feeling I got when I sing. It reminded me of the times when Mom and I would sing untul we were tired. Instead of making me feel sad like I thought it would, singing made me feel closer to my Mom - happy, even.

"I sounded pretty bad at first though," I added with a grimace, as I thought back to how shaky I had sounded at the start.

Dylan frowned. "I'm sure you sounded perfect, like you always used to."

I shrugged and stared at the window, however I was soon interrupted by Dylan;s laughter

"Oh my God! I completely forgot, how did Michael sound?" he asked with a chuckle.

"He was actually a good singer," I replied, and I watched Dylan stared back at me in confusion.

"Youre joking right? This is Michael we're talking about," he said with raised eyebrows.

I giggled. "I know, I was surprised too. He sang so well!" I exclaimed.

Dylan still looked a little weirded out as he pulled into school. Not that I could blame him. I guess it was understandable to assume that Michael wouldn't be a good singer. He was one of the most popular guys in school, and he was basketball team captain after all. He didn't exactly fit the typical profile of a male singer.

I jumped out of the car and ran towards Emma who was standing outside the school gates.

"Hey girl," she said enthusiastically as she pulled me into a quick hug.

"I have a HUGE news for you," I replied with a smirk.

She stared at me curiously. "What?!" she exclaimed. "Did you kiss Michael in musical rehearsal?"

I nearly gagged, "Ew no. But I did kiss someone!"

I swear Emma's mouth nearly fell to her feet, and huge grin formed on her face.