Chapter 11 - Winter Formal

SOPHIA'S POV

"Oh my gosh, I am so happy we both found the perfect dresses," exclaimed Emma as we walked into my house.

Tonight is the night. Winter formal, and we are both so excited.

Emma had ended up being asked by Jim, the other boy from out homeroom who also happened to be Fred's best friend. At first she was a little dissapointed that she wasn't going with Dylan, Jacob, or Michael, but she seemed to get over that pretty quickly.

Crazily, my brother had asked Emily to be his date.It turns out they'd met at Michael's house one day, and had hit it off straight away.I was happy he had done this, because hopefully it would show Jessica that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Emily.

Dylan had offered to host a pre-gathering for all of our friends at our place, and I was looking forward to this. It wasn't a big pre, just my brother and his friends plus their dates, and then my friends plus our dates. Regardless, I was looking forward to see how everybody scrubbed up.

Emma and I were currently in my room, getting ready. We had gotten our nails done earlier, and we were now working on our hair and makeup.

"Sit still!" Emma scolded as I fidgeted in the makeup chair.

I grinned sheepishly back at her in the mirror, "Sorry," I muttered.

Emma lived for hair, makeup and fashion, so I guess I trusted her to make me look presentable. I wasn't much help, so she finished most of her makeup her self. When we were both done, we stood in front of my big mirror.

"Wow," breathed Emma quietly.

"You look insane Sophia," she commented.

I shook my head, I didn't even look like me. "Me? Have you seen yourself Em, Jim is going to go crazy!" I exclaimed as her cheeks turned pink.

"People are arriving, we should probably go downstairs," said Emma.

I nodded, taking a deep breath. Together, we walked down my stairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MICHAEL'S POV

As usual, Jessica was late. I had already arrived at Dylan's house where the pre was getting into full swing. 

My thoughts were interrupted by Dylan saying, "No. No way, you are not wearing that out."

I turned to see what he was talking about, only to find myself looking at…. Sophia. Except that she didn't look like Sophia. This girl, was fully made up, and to be entirely honest… she looked HOT.

I felt my eyes widen as Sophia grinned, "Shut up Dylan," she said jokingly.

Even her friend that always seemed to be around whenever the seniors were, was looking great. Sophia's black dress showed off her slightly tanned skin. And that's when I noticed Fred walk over to her. Stupid twat.

"Soph, you look beautiful," he whispered to her, kissing her on the cheek. Sophia blushed, and I had to look away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOPHIA'S POV

Fred awkwardly handed me a bouquet of flowers, and I grinned at him in thanks. He placed a hand on my lower back, as my Dad snapped a few quick pictures.

And then, I heard a screeching voice calling for "Mikey". I watched as Michael fought to roll his eyes when he saw Jessica.

She strutted into our house, wearing a hot pink low cut dress that barely covered her ass. Her heels were so high that she was nearly as tall as Michael.