Chapter 10 - Awkward

SOPHIA'S POV

Humiliated basically sums up how I felt about my slight breakdown in front of Michael. He probably thought I was a complete and total mess. Not that I could disagree.

After my embarrassing... well, crying, I had walked home as fast as I could, where I ran into a very confused looking Dylan.

"Hey, Michael just texted me. Soph, what's going on?" he asked gently, as soon as I walked through the door.

I felt my eyes begin to tear up, and I shrugged at Dylan. What's wrong with me today? 

He looked at me worriedly, "Soph, seriously, what happened?"

I sighed, wiping away a tear, "I don't even know. I just spoke to Grace about Mom and the next thing I knew I couldn't stop crying."

"It was so embarrassing!" I added. Dylan exhaled, and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Does Michael think I'm a massive freak now?" I mumbled into his shoulder.

I felt him shake with laughter, "Don't be silly, Soph. He texted me becaus he was worried about you! You're like his little sister."

I nodded, but I really only heard two words: Little sister.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 THE NEXT DAY

As soon as I arrived at school, I ran to Fred. He quickly grabbed my hand, and led me across the courtyard to the terrace area.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously, as we walked towards a tree.

"You'll see," he replied with a grin.

The tree was massive, and when we walked around the other side, I was in total shock.

On one side of the tree, there was a huge sign that read: 'Winter formal?' Lying on the ground, beneath the sign, was a bouquet of red roses.

"So, is that a yes?" he asked with a smirk.

I nodded happily, and flung my arms around my neck.

This is one of the sweetest things that anyone had ever done for me. It was like something out of a movie. The winter formal is this coming weekend, and I'm so happy that I actually have a partner to go with. Fred picked up the bouquet of roses, and handed them to me, placing a kiss on my cheek as he did so. I felt my cheeks turn red, and I smiled happily at how sweet he was to me.

Together, we walked to homeroom.

--------------------------------------------------

MICHAEL'S POV

I was sitting in homeroom when I noticed Soph walked in with that absolute twat Fred. I had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes. There is just something about him that I don't like.

At least Soph looked happier than she was yesterday. I'm still worried about her, but I know that I will get a chance to talk to her again at the musical rehearsal this afternoon.

This morning, I had practically been forced into going to formal with Jessica. She had cornered me in front of our entire group, and had basically told me that we will go together.

"We are the power couple of school," she told me happily, before forcefully grabbing my hand and walking me to homeroom.

She is currently situated on my lap, and is nibbling on my ear. I'm not actually a huge fan of PDA, and I find myself actually feeling embarrassed when Soph turned around and looked weirdly at us. I've tried to remove Jessica from my lap, but she is like a parasite. She clung to me, and won't leave me alone.