Chapter 23 - After Party

The music was blaring. We could hear it from the bottom of the street as Dylan drove up to the house. When we got to the house, I could see the swarms of people drinking and dancing on the lawn. There were so many people here, and I recognised most of them to be seniors. I got out of the car, only to be met with the smell of alcohol and cigarettes – the tell-tale signs of a high school party.

"Don't even think about going near any alcohol Sophia Williams," said Dylan sternly as he locked the car.

I grinned up at him cheekily, "Never brother dearest."

He simply shook his head wearily, leading the way into the sea of dancing and talking bodies. The ground was practically moving the music was so loud.

Dylan immediately found Emily, and I smirked as the two of them grabbed hands and went outside to be alone. This left Michael, Emma and I. Michael went and grabbed a beer, whilst Emma and I danced crazily on the dance floor. I giggled at her insane dance moves.

"Seriously Soph, I'm so glad you were in the musical so that we could go to this party!" Exclaimed Emma. I beamed back at her, twirling her around to the beat of the song.

Michael came back a few moments later, his hand clasped around his beer. He smirked at the two of us, and watched with an amused look on his face as Emma and I danced around. A song later, I had already had enough dancing so I left Emma in the hands of a very capable Jacob Smith, shooting him a glare and telling him to look after Emma. He had grinned back and shot me a wink. I was pretty sure that I could trust Jacob with Emma. He was a bit of a player, but he was harmless over all.

I joined Michael at the edge of the dance floor and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder before bending down to kiss me on the cheek. "You look beautiful," he said quietly in my ear, causing me to blush.

"You want to go outside?" Asked Michael.

I took a look over at Emma who was still dancing with Jacob, and I nodded to Michael as he led the way out. It was good to get a breath of fresh air, even if the air was mingled with sweat, alcohol and smoke.

"Hey I'm going to grab another drink. Will you be okay here?" Asked Michael.

"Yeah of course," I replied.

I stood awkwardly on my own while I waited for Michael to return. After a few minutes, a hand was placed on my back and I turned around with a smile – expecting to see Michael. Instead, I was faced with a senior that I had seen around school a few times. I think his name was Connor, and I knew from Dylan's constant bagging of him that he was not a good guy. I shot him a glare, and removed his arm from my back.

"Aw come on babe, I just want to have some fun," he whined, putting his arm back around me.

"I'm not your babe, and I have no intention of having any fun with you," I retorted.

"And get your arm off me," I added angrily.

Connor only raised an eyebrow, "Oh feisty. Just how I like them."

I gave him a disgusted look as I went to step away and go inside to find Michael.

I only made it a few steps though, because he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

"You don't walk away when I'm talking to you," he said harshly. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, and I knew that he was drunk and most likely high as well. I was beginning to get a little nervous, and I just wished that Michael would come back already.

"Look I'm sorry, but I need to go," I said as I tried to break free from his grip. But he only held on tighter, pulling me into him.

"Oh you're not going anywhere babe," he whispered, his words slurring.

I frowned. Connor was starting to scare me.

"Please just let go of me," I said as I tried to break free once more.

"No can do sweet cheeks, I've always wanted a hot little freshman," he slurred.

I felt sick at this, and my eyes started to tear up a little. No. I could not cry in front of Connor. Once again, I shakily tried to remove my arm but he only pulled me in further – kissing me roughly on the cheek.

"Come on, it'll be fun," he said seductively. I struggled in his tight grip, but there was absolutely no way that I was able to break free. He was a lot stronger than me, and he was drunk. I just prayed that Michael would come back soon.

MICHAEL'S POV

I broke away from the group of people I was talking to, eager to get back to Soph. I had intended to come straight back to her, but a few people had stopped to congratulate me on the musical.

I'd finally managed to break away and head outside, when I noticed Connor hugging Soph. I frowned, and immediately began to head towards them. And that was when I heard Soph struggling to get away.

My eyes glazed over in anger as I watched him roughly grab her, and kiss her on her neck. Soph looked scared, and I knew I had to do something. To be honest, I wanted to fucking kill the douche bag. I knew that I should have suspected something after he had asked me about Soph at school earlier.

"What part of stay away from her, did you not understand?" I yelled angrily, as I pulled him off Soph.

"Aw come on man, we were just having fun. It's not like she has a boyfriend," slurred Connor.

"Actually, she does. I'm her boyfriend," I replied, as I punched him in the face – causing him to stumble over his own feet. Once I was certain that he was to drunk to stand back up, I hesitantly walked over to Soph. I gently placed a hand on her arm that was already bruising. At first she winced away from my touch, but when she realised it was me; she looked up at me with teary eyes.

"Thanks Michael," she said quietly.

"Don't mention it, are you okay?" I asked, looking down at her worriedly.

She gave a small smile and nodded her head, but not before a tear rolled down her cheek. I immediately wiped the tear away, and wrapped her small frame in my larger one. I rubbed her back gently, hoping that she felt safe again.

"Did you really mean what you said?" she whispered in my ear.

I held her at arms length, and smiled down at her seriously, "Yeah I did. If that's okay with you?"

Soph grinned up at me, nodding, "It's okay with me. Boyfriend."

And in that moment, I didn't care whether anyone knew that Soph and I were together. I mean, I'd already told Connor so it wouldn't be long before the entire school knew anyway. I pulled Soph into another hug, before kissing her on the forehead. She pulled away, only to lean onto her tippy-toes and kiss me full on the lips – in front of the entire party.

I ran my tongue along her bottom lip, and she granted me access – our tongues battling for dominance. I smiled into the kiss, running a hand through her long hair.

"Ahem."

Soph and I broke apart, only to come face to face with Dylan and Emily.

Emily looked insanely excited, and was grinning at Soph and I. Whilst Dylan looked a mixture of confused and angry.

And I knew, that this time, there was no convincing Dylan otherwise. There was no going back. We would have to admit what was going on – and I prayed that we would have his blessing. I ran a hand threw my hair nervously, looking down at Soph. She smiled up at me, and grabbed my hand comfortingly. I knew that with her by my side, that everything would eventually be okay.