Chapter 20 - Awkward Breakfasts

SOPHIA'S POV

There's nothing like an awkward breakfast with Dylan and Michael to start the day!

Just kidding, I'd rather take my eyeballs out.

With one sleep to the musical, tensions were running high. We had a full day of dress rehearsals today, and then another full day tomorrow. The good part was that we had been excused for school for two days.

I'm sure that people would finally begin to realise that it was Michael and I in the musical when we consistently failed to turn up to class during the dress rehearsals.

But anyway, back to the most awkward breakfast of my life. With Dylan now well aware that Michael and I had to kiss, he was doing everything humanly possible to figure out how exactly we felt about that. It was like an interrogation because Dylan was sitting directly in front of Michael and I.

I nearly spat out my coffee when Dylan clasped his hands together, before exclaiming, "So do you have to use tongue?"

I thought that was a hypothetical question. I mean, why would we answer something like that?

But no, after no one answered, Dylan re-asked the question. I looked to Michael awkwardly, but he seemed unphased.

"Of course not man," he replied smoothly, before secretly resting a hand on my thigh. My breathing hitched in my throat, before my cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"You okay Soph?" asked Dylan, as he stuffed an insanely large spoon of cereal in his mouth.

This caused Michael to snigger quietly, and he shot me a smirk.

"Yeah, you okay Soph? You seem a bit flustered," he said huskily.

"Just fine," I replied slightly sarcastically, with an eye roll. Dylan shrugged and went back to eating his cereal.

Moments later he put his spoon down again and looked intently to us, "But what happens if you decide you like kissing each other?"

That question even threw Michael a little bit, who swallowed his mouthful of food harshly.

"I don't think that would ever happen," I replied, making a face.

Michael raised an eyebrow at me, "You sure Soph? I'm pretty irresistible."

Dylan scoffed from the other side of the table and Michael shot him a glare.

"I'm sure," I replied. This was the right answer for Dylan, who smiled happily at my statement. Michael on the other hand, took it upon himself to move his hand higher up my thigh - rubbing circles on my bare skin with his thumb.

After eating his weight in cereal, Dylan pushed his plate back and exclaimed that he was going to go upstairs and get ready for school. I could only nod feebly at him, as Michael continued to rub my thigh. Dylan raised an eyebrow, but shrugged before heading upstairs.

As soon as he had left the room, Michael turned to me and raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"You don't think I'm irresistible?" he asked in a low voice.

I bit my lip. Okay, so maybe I did. But he did NOT need to know that.

"No I really don't," I replied, before standing up and taking my coffee over to the kitchen bench.

Within seconds, I felt him come up behind me and begin kissing the side of my neck. I stood there frozen, totally under his control.

"Are you sure?" He whispered in my ear. It took me a moment to respond as he ran his tongue slowly up the side of my neck.

"Positive," I whispered back, my breath coming out shaky. I could see him smirking as he grabbed my waist and turned me around to face him, turning his attention to my jaw line.