Chapter 7 - What's Going On?

MICHAEL'S POV

"Dude, she's one of the hottest girls in school," Jacob exclaimed, nudging me and wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

I chuckled. Trust Jacob to put it so bluntly.

"Yeah man, she's the most popular girl at school and you're the basketball captain. It kind of fits," Dylan added as he took a huge bite of his burger.

It was Monday afternoon and the boys and I had just come from basketball practice. We were at the town's local burger joint. Dylan had been so pissed off about seeing his sister with Fred, that Jacob and I had taken him here to eat.

Even though we were supposed to eat relatively healthy during basketball season, we are currently sitting with a large burger meal each, totally stuffing our faces.

The conversation was focused on my so-called 'relationship' with Jessica. I mean, I didn't even know whether I actually liked her. All I really liked was the action. I am such a male teenager. More than anything, she was just a way to spend some of my time.I know that sounds like a major douche statement, but it was exactly the same for her. She was more concerned about what I did for her social status, and I knew that she had hooked up with numerous guys whilst we were supposedly 'dating'.

"Bro, what's not to like? She has huge tits," Jacob muttered through a mouthful of burger.

Dylan roared with laughter, and whacked Jacob over the head.

I rolled my eyes, only Jacob would say something like that.

"Yeah, but I don't think they're real," I replied with a smirk.

"So?" Jacob argued, as he stuffed a handful of fries in his mouth at once.

After Jacob had finished another helping of fries, we eventually left the restaurant. Jacob left in his own car, whilst Dylan was giving me a ride home today.

Once we were in the car, he spoke.

"Seriously man, what's happening with you and Jessica?" he asked.

"I don't know. To be honest, I'm not really into her," I replied as I put my sunglasses on.

Dylan steered the wheel, "Yeah, why not?"

"She's just too fake, bro. I just never pictured myself with someone like her," I said.

"Aw honey, are you okay?" Dylan cooed sarcastically as he turned down my street.

I chuckled, "Yeah man, just ready for a different girl, I think."

Dylan pulled outside my house. "Alright. Well, go for a different girl then," he said as he patted me on the back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 SOPHIA'S POV

I had gone straight home after track today, feeling giddy from running so well and from Fred's hug and offer of coffee.

I was cooking dinner in the kitchen, waiting for Dad and Dylan to get home when our door swung open.

"Sophia Williams, who the heck did I see you hugging this afternoon?" Dylan yelled as he stormed in.

I raised my eyebrows as I stirred the vegetables I had on the stove, "Not that it's any of your business, but his name is Fred," I shot back.

"As if it's none of my business. I don't want some random guy touching you," Dylan muttered as he placed his dirty basketball shoes.

"Okay, firstly, he's not some random guy. And secondly, why do you even care?" I argued.