Chapter Sixteen

Grace

Dropping my luggage onto the hotel room floor near the bathroom I kick off my shoes and put them onto the plastic, see-through boot mate. Following behind me was Will, and I could hear him let out a grunt as he drops his own bags onto the ground near my own. Bending down I zip open one of my suitcases, rummaging through it until I find a loose fitting t-shirt and some baggy shorts.

Heading into the bathroom I shut the door, quickly stripping out of the clothes I've been wearing for a day and a half. Putting on the outfit I had picked I step out of the bathroom and through my dirty clothes into the laundry hamper that stood beside the Mahogany desk that looked more like dining room table.

When I finally look up, taking in my surroundings for the first time, I notice that I'm standing in the average hotel room. Instead, I was standing in the entry way of what could've been a mansion. To my right I expected to see a kitchen, but in its place was a spiral stair case, and it was only going up. On the walls hung different types of mirrors and couple of paintings that most likely cost a fortune.

I walk around I see a whole bunch of interesting things. Like in the lower level there were two big flat screens; one for the living area and the other for the kitchen. I counted three closets, one bathroom, and two guest rooms on the bottom floor. But when I stepped up the stair case, I find out there's so much more that this place has to offer.

Finding my way wasn't that hard on the upper level as the only thing up here was the master bedroom. In the middle of the room was the bed that looked to be a king and could fit six people, maybe even eight. I knock on the bathroom door before entering, wanting to make sure Will's not in it first, and when I don't get a response, I crack open the door.

Letting out a short gasp, I take everything in. The bathroom was huge! Inside was a shower that had see through walls on two sides, could fit maybe five people, and a bath that looked more that a hot tub. The sink had two places at it for two people, and lying on the counter was the complimentary bar of soaps, four bottles of shampoo, and four bottles of conditioner; but of course they were all fun size.

The toilet was average, but had this weird button on the side that at first I thought was the flusher, but was actually the seat warmer. In the wall was square window, and when to look at the view, I had to step back in fright because of how high up we were. The hotel almost had as many floors as the Empire State Building.

When I'm done checking out the bathroom, I head out and see that the two, gate-like doors to the walk-in closet were open. Peering inside, I find Will standing there, hanging up his clothes on the hangers. I honestly didn't see the point of wanting to hang your clothes up, but I guess I'm just lazy that way.

The floor beneath my feet is cold, and glancing down I see white marble tiles instead of hard wooden flooring or carpet. Wiggling my toes, wondering if I should paint them or not, when Will speaks for the first time since we've got off the plane.

"I brought your luggage up while you were checking out the place, just in case you wanted to hang them up or something." He tells me, and first I'm confused, but then he catches on to my confusion and points over to the corner in the closet where my two suitcases are.

I purse my lips, glancing between my stuff and Will. "You didn't have to that. I could have just done it myself."

For a second I thought we weren't going to argue and that maybe things can go back to how they were before this whole situation started, but then his jaw clenches I know there's no possibility of that happening.

"You can't just say thanks?!" He asks, barking his words out loudly.

I cringe, gazing back down at my feet, trying to find the right thing to say. " ... I'm sorry... Okay? What do you want me to say, William? A thank you?"