Chapter Four

Grace:

"Grace, you do have your own place, don't you?"

I look over at Will, hearing is question, but not answering it. It's because I won't, it's because I can't. I haven't even put a deposit down on the apartment, and I couldn't sign the lease forms. My land lord, Allen, was expecting a call from me. Today was my last day to have the apartment as mine, but I just didn't have the money.

"You gonna answer my question?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"No. But, you're my friend, right? So it shouldn't be a problem if I do stay?" I said, but it came out sounding more like a question. I using the friend card against him. I was using Will, and I knew that was a horrible thing for me to do, but I just couldn't go back. The other day I had asked Kimberly if she could go and get me some clothes, when she asked, it wasn't like I could just lie. Besides, she's my best friend, she could obviously tell if I was lying or not. So I did the most craziest thing. I told her.

She, being the saint she is, offered me to stay at her place, but I told her I was fine. That was lie; I wasn't fine. My car broke down on me this morning and wouldn't start so I had to walk eight blocks to go and pick up something for lunch - because even though Will is rich, I would never use his money-, and then the great news was that when I went to the bank I only had sixty bucks left in my account, and I used that money to buy breakfast.

Everything for me, is going to absolute shit. I didn't have any place to live, had no money, and even though I have a job it just wasn't enough for me to get by. Sure I have tons of of skills, but none that would help me pay for an apartment in New York, or pay off my bills, or get me to where I needed to be. In other words, I was screwed.

I push my plate away from me, suddenly losing my appetite. I had more issues to worry about, like what am I going to wear to Will's charity event tonight. Also, how in the hell am I going to deal with the fact that he dick of a father was going to be there? My stomach churns, causing me to gag. I feel myself about to throw up so I get up off the chair I was sitting on, and rush to the bathroom.

I open the door, not even closing it, and doing a baseball slide on the floor to get the toliet. Everything comes up, and I'm left to sit there, pushing my hair out of my face. Anxiety sucks, but this, was just the beginning.

Being distracted with making sure I didn't get any puke on Will's bathroom floor, I hadn't noticed he had walked in until I felt a pair of hands tug my hair out of my face.

I turn to look at him, my eyes not meeting his. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, really." He tells me, reaching over onto the counter and grabs my bathroom bag. Inside was my toothbrush, hair brush, and pads.

Okay, so I might have asked Kimberly if she could grab more then just clothes. It's not a crime for wanting to be clean, and well, presentable.

"Grace, this looks like you were planning on staying more then just tonight. What's going on?" He asks, concern filling his voice.

"Well... It's embarrassing." I admit, turning back over to the toliet for a second, and letting whatever else was in my system come up.

"I like embarrassing. Besides, I'm here. I'm holding your hair while you puke your guts out. You can tell me."

I sigh. "Okay, well... I woke up extra early to go and pick up stuff for lunch, the reason why I came back so late is because my car is a piece of shit and of course it just had to stall and then completely shut down on me. And, before I went to super market, I went to the bank, which is only four blocks from here, and I found out I only had sixty dollars left in my account and I used all of that on getting us food."