BONUS CHAPTER - 1.

*Song above is: Leave Your Lover by Sam Smith. BONUS CHAPTER: This is how Grace and Miles met. I hope you liked it and if you did leave a vote and comment!*

Grace

"Yes, Kim, I'm ... fine." My voice is low as some strangers walk past me. Using one hand to hold my phone to my ear and the other to push open the door, I continue to listen to Kimberly's useless chattering. I was probably going to regret talking on the phone in here. But surprisingly, it's not crowed as I had expected. Instead, there was probably only about ten to twenty people inside.

It's chilly inside the building, the AC obviously running, but no one here seemed to be as affected by the sudden cold drift as me. I'm about to ask where I could sit but the hostess stationed behind the pay-station informs me that I could sit wherever I'd like. All I do is mumble a simple 'thank you' and go on my way. I find the perfect spot to sit at a booth that's been placed three tables down from the washrooms and is farthest away from any actually activity.

I almost forget Kimberly's on the phone until she's practically shouting my name into my ear, causing me to wince at the pain that emitted from the side of me head. It felt similar to a small, electric shock you'd get when you touch a blanket that's made of wool and you shake it. After quickly apologizing from not paying attention enough to the conversation she carries on.

"As I was saying, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this alone. I wish I could be there to comfort you through this. It must be hard." Actually, I was more than glad that nobody that I knew was here to comfort me. The last thing I need was to talk about my feelings over a tub of chocolate chunk, a sappy chick-flick, and wine. I wasn't going to tell Kim that, though, as that would probably hurt her feelings.

"Kim, can we just drop the subject? We've been on the same topic since you called me ten minutes ago, and really ...," I pause for a second, thinking of the right words, "... it's making me more depressed than anything else. So, please, just drop it?"

She ponders on this, and after about ten seconds I hear her sigh in defeat. "Fine ..," she agrees begrudgingly. "But, this isn't over. You can't just ignore this conversation like it's the plague. You can't just forget about him – he was like the love of your life."

I bring my hand up to my face and pinch the bridge of my nose. "You're doing it again. I'm fine, Kim, I swear. Let's just drop the topic before I actually do end up in tears, okay?"

"Okay," she grumbles out, but a millisecond later her mood changes. "So, have you met any cute guys? I know I have a boyfriend and everything, but you got to tell me. Or I'll die!"

I breathe out a laugh. "Of course, only you would tell that to someone who's just recently broke up with their boyfriend. And to answer your question, no, I haven't. Oh, and if we're going with who I find attractive – it's still a no."

"And only you would continue on with it," she states happily. "Now, onto more serious matters—"

"What matters could be so serious?" I ask curiously, cutting her off.

She blows out a huff of air, "The kind that involves you getting laid."

I instantly regret ever asking when I chock on my spit when I hear those words come out of her mouth. "That involve what?!"

"Do you need me to repeat—"

Again, I cut her off. "—Oh, no, no, no. There's no need to repeat what you just said. I understand completely. I'm just not really into this plan is all."

At some point during this little conversation of ours a waitress comes up my table, but when she notices that I'm busy talking to someone on the phone she just casually drops the menu onto the table before leaving. I open the menu up, using half of my attention span to scan over the pages of the menu with my eyes as I use the other half to listen to Kim explain to me I should get laid. It was honestly so pointless that at times I find myself rolling my eyes during this rant of hers.