Chapter Two

[EDITED]

Grace

A week has passed since my last encounter with William, or Will as he liked to be called. Photo shoots have been assigned, projects were made, and my mission was to make sure Will got the perfect picture for a company that needed him on the front cover of FASHION Magazine.

Apparently they wanted the young, 'hot' millionaire on the cover because his father wanted more business, even though he already had enough, and as Will had said, "he's got so much money coming in, he doesn't know what to do with it."

I was assigned on the project as the photographer, I wasn't happy that they had picked our agency for it, but I was a little over-joyed when I saw how much Mr. Reed and the people at the company that were going to put Will on the front cover were going to pay—one hundred dollars to be exact.

That's how much both parties were willing to pay everyone who helped at the photo shoot today, and it was just enough to let me pay off my bills for this month, all while possibly staying in that lousy apartment I call 'home'.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, interrupting me from cleaning the windows in my office. Not turning away from the window, I say loudly, "Come in."

A bottle of window cleaner and an old white rag were in my hands as I walked over to my desk, the door opening to reveal my best friend, Kimberly.

"Hi, Kim," I greet, setting the stuff that was in my hands on the old oak desk. She walks over to me, standing still with her hands clasped together.

"Hey Grace," Her voice sounding a little nervous and I turn my head to look at her, raising an eyebrow in curiosity at my friend.

"You are doing alright?" I ask, sitting on the top of the desk.

She nods, looking down at her shoes. "Perfectly fine, great even."

"Uh huh, okay, what's up?" I ask, not believing a word that came out of her mouth. She just shakes her head, "Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"Then why did you knock on my door?" I felt bad for interrogating her like this, but I had no other choice if I was going to get answers.

"Didn't you know curiosity killed the cat?" She says, a huff of frustration leaving her lips as she crossed her arms. Behind the office door a sound of something hitting the floor could be heard, something heavy and probably very expensive. I walk over to the door but not before I look back at Kimberly.

"Yes, and right now I'm curious as to why there are crashing sounds. So, unless you have anything to say before I exit this room you better make it quick," I tell her, placing my hand on the door knob.

"I'll come with you, just don't get mad," she replies, walking over to my side and I open the door.

What I was met with on the other side of the door was just plain chaos, workers running around trying to clean up the place and in the middle of it all stood a small group of my coworkers, standing side by side shielding off something that was behind them. I walk over to them first, a part of me not wanting to see what the three where hiding and another part wanting to.

"What'cha got there?" I ask once I'm near the three, pointing to how the guy in the middle had his hands behind his back, clearing hiding something.

"N-nothing," he stutters, his actions reminding me how Hayden acted around me when he thought I was going to blow like a ticking time bomb."You wouldn't want to see what it was anyway," he adds, his friends nodding their heads in agreement.