Chapter Twenty-Nine

*Song to the side: 'Love Somebody' by Maroon 5

Grace

Frederick's been dead two and half weeks. That's twenty-one days in counting since his death and seventeen since the funeral. I phone Marge two to three times a day now, wanting to make sure she was okay as I knew David was going to do it. After the funeral she seemed okay, still broken, but it was like she was ready.

Will and I left two days after the funeral, wanting to get away from the sadness. Instead of taking a leave from work, I did my part, and was currently writing a book. It doesn't have a title yet, but so far it's going great. Somewhere between those two and half weeks the only news I heard about was the famous movie star Owen Landon – who I looked up on Google – and Riley James.

Riley had done a radio interview about her and Landon's relationship, which she was just saying they were friends. On her blog – which I follow and scroll through on a daily basis (Will likes to call it 'stalking') – she did a review on the movies Landon worked in. I had learned that most people just call him Landon instead of Owen.

Will had explained to me how he knew Landon, and told me about some of their adventures. In the stories I was told Landon seemed like an okay guy, and even though with his past with the ladies, I didn't care.

At some point Riley had called and asked me how I was doing. I told her all about Will, which she laughed at me when I mentioned all the times we were rudely interrupted. Instead of her lying to me about her giving Landon an 'interview', she, instead, explained how she had done the walk of shame. She got into heavy detail about what happened in the elevator and I swore not to tell a soul and she did the same.

The week leading up to Christmas had past oddly fast, and it was now December fifteenth. Snow was covering everything; the roads, houses, the ocean. It was insane. And then Will had suggested we go somewhere for the holidays and I agreed, if only I had known we were going to his grandma's house.

The plane ride from New York to Minnesota was two hours and thirty minutes, and for some reason, I was more excited than Will. I couldn't wait to meet more of his family, even though his parents are bit mean, his sister isn't – that kindness has got to come from somewhere.

Will had been born and raised in Minnesota until he turned fourteen and then his family had moved to New York. This was another reason he didn't exactly get along well with his parents because they took him away from his home. They had chosen their careers over their children's happiness.

And for the first time, I had seen Will cry. As soon as he saw the snow covered mountains he was in tears. He started getting jittery in car ride down to his grandparents house, and he looked out the window the entire time. I don't think I've ever seen will to happy, so overjoyed.

When the car parks in front of little brown house and the name 'REED' written on a long piece of drift wood that hung up on the roof, Will wasted no time getting out of the car and the running up the house. He tripped going up the stairs but caught himself as his arms wrapped around an old woman that's only four inches shorter me.

I walk towards the three of them slowly, not wanting to interrupt the moment, but I did without even trying. His grandfather notices me first and a wide grin sets on his face as he steps over to me and holds out his hand.

"You must be Grace," he said as we shook hands.

I nod. "And you must Henry."

"That is correct. Now, welcome, Grace. We've waited so long to meet you." He tells me and my eyes widen at that and I glance over at Will and see that there's a blush creeping up on his cheeks.