Chapter Eighteen

Grace

It's almost the afternoon when I wake up, finding the bedroom filled with the light that's seeping through the window and past the curtains and the sound of the shower going. Last night was bad; I had a total break down and sent Frederick a bunch of voice mails about how sorry I was and how I explain why I can't be there. I felt bad, guilty. The man was like a father to me I couldn't even be there for him in his worst of times.

To distract myself from anymore sad thoughts I had turned on my computer, that had been sitting on the nightstand because of night filled of Netflix, and started to go through more emails that I hadn't gotten too last night.

I write back to Hayden, giving him the permission to tell the board that it was okay to buy a new camera that apparently was much needed. When I'm done with that I start to go with pictures that Kimberly and few other co-workers had sent me to make sure the angle and the way the model was posed was perfect. Some of the other photographs Kimberly sent me were just selfies, to which I had just to tell her that they were all absolutely ridiculous, but I promised I send both some selfies of myself and Hawaii.

Continuing to work, I edit a couple of pictures that were mostly Kimberly, Will, and I. A lot of the photographs had been taken a while ago or from a few months ago. I sent Kimberly the ones of her and I, but kept the ones of Will and myself in a folder that had all of my other pictures stored on it.

Glancing down at the time on my computer, where it changed automatically, and I raise a curious eyebrow. Now, as creepy as it sounds, I had come to learn how long Will takes in the shower. And it varies from ten to fifteen minutes, but never an almost solid thirty.

What could be taking him so long in there?

Going back to editing pictures, it takes only a short amount of time till I'm done doing what had to be done for work; I put my laptop back onto the nightstand and grabbed a book that lied open beside it. I lean my head back onto the stack of pillows before I begin to read, enjoying the comfort the entire bed gave me.

As I'm reading, almost halfway through the book, the door to the bathroom opens to reveal a half covered William Reed. He's got one towel wrapped around his waist and the other hanging around his neck. He using the one around his neck to dry his hair, which from the shower, was now spiky.

I watch him, trying not to stare at his bare chest the bore an eight pack, and he just walks past the bed and into the closet. It didn't seem like he had noticed me at all. He leaves the door partly opened, probably spaced out and most likely thought I still be sleeping, but the view I got made me advert my attention back down to the book in my hands.

The back of my neck starts to heat up, and like a vine, that heat starts to run straight for my cheeks. I knew I was blushing and when I glanced back up my mouth falls open. From my line of vision I could see Will just starting to get dressed, and the only thing visible to me was his back side.

Oh, why does he have to have an ass of a God?

My brain, the smart side that all the good decisions, told me to tell him that I could just barely see him getting ready in a suit for another meeting. But, the other side said otherwise, telling me I should just bask in the glory that was Will's butt. I do the second option, giving myself five seconds before I decide to tell him.

"Ugh ... Will, I can see you ..." I tell him and instantly I hear things clutter down onto the floor in the closet. A few very colorful words shoot out of his mouth as he grumbles them and then he's walking out of the closet, only half dressed.

"Hi'ya, Grace ...," he greets as he walks out, going to the stand up mirror.

"Hi," I reply back with the same amount of awkwardness in my tone.