Chapter 2

^Background made by Imorphemi on tumblr^

Error POV:

A few days after the new voice appeared, Error started to understand their personality. One, they hated loud noises. He found this out when they first met. Two, they didn't care if Error destroyed or not. In their words. "The anti-void is boring without you to annoy, anyway" Which was nice compared to being berated to continue destroying without a break, of course he would continue to destroy though. It was his job and he didn't want the multiverse to crumble on itself. Three, they call themselves Y/N and finally. Four, they used to have a body or a way to eat. I heard them talk under their breath about wanting to taste chocolate again as I ate mine... Getting up from the grass with a groan, Error looked up at the sky of Outertale. Enjoying the peace and quiet, before he opened a portal and entered the anti-void again... It will take some time before I get used to how quiet it is in the anti-void now.

Y/N POV:

"Ughh... Where's Error? I'm so bored. It sucks even more that Error is the only one who can view other Aus... Maybe I can try learning?- I mean, I must have gotten benefits or powers for being reincarnated as a voice, right?"
He started to try and make one way mirror like Error's, imagining the Underfell Au... Yeah it wasn't going to be that easy. One thing that Y/N realized later than he would like to admit. Is that the hearts inside the strings, were actually the souls of humans, and that he lacked a soul. He could have guessed that he didn't have a soul since he didn't have a body, but he wondered how he could still feel even without a soul. Maybe they were maybe just some kind of ghost like Dust's brother? Who knows.

On a good note though! I was getting more used on how to move without legs- and body. I still have problems with not needing to eat, sleep, drink or even breathe. It was weird at first and he still had phantom feelings of being hungry, tired and thirsty, but it was becoming less prominent and annoying... Error is gone for a good hour? Maybe more, it didn't help to not have a clock to keep track of time.

"Might as well continue trying to make something or anything since I'm going to be alone for sometime..."

A few hours later, the anti-void that was usually quiet without Error inside it was filled with the sounds of celebration

"Hahahaha!!! Finally I can watch aus and maybe even Undernovela, before spoiling Error about it!... Actually scratch that last part. I don't want Error to stop talking to me"

Shrugging with his non-existent shoulders, he opened a window to the Outertale universe. "Whoa..." To say that Y/N was starstruck by the beauty and view of Outertale's sky would be an understatement... The stars glistening in the sky, the sky itself composed of a slurry of purple and deep blue. looking similar to the milky way in all its glory.

"Now I'm jealous that Error can go there."

"G0 wh3r3?" Error asked curiously

"Oh just- AHH!. You scared me!" Y/N obviously did not expect for Error to arrive so quietly... Well he did, but he didn't expect it to be now! Y/N was about to close the window he made, before he grinned mischievously. "Look at what I made! Aren't I special? I was able to make a window for myself into Outertale."

Y/N chuckled in amusement as he noticed how Error froze and seemed to glitch slightly.

"1s th4t p0rt4l?"

Y/N's enjoyment of Error's reaction quickly froze as he looked closely at the portal and noticed Error's hammock was casting a shadow on the ground of Outertale. Panicking slightly, not that Error could see them panic. He closed the portal.

"Of course it isn't. How could I make such a mistake so easily" He was obviously lying and Error could easily see through the lies. Error rolled his eye sockets at how bad Y/N was at lying.

"Wh4t3v3r 1'm g01ng t0 w4tch Und3rn0v3l4" Error walked toward the hammock and lied down on it, opening a one way window to Undernovela.

"Aww come on, why not chat together for once?" He floated beside Error, looking at Undernovela despite his words.

"N0t my pr0bl3m" Error ignored the now sole voice that was annoying him.

"How harsh!" Despite his comment, Y/N started to watch Undernovela beside Error, reminding himself to practice one way mirrors as he didn't want what happened to happen again... Wait a minute- He had made a portal?! Y/N grinned mischievously as he glanced at the distracted Error, Error feeling a slight feeling of anxiousness as Y/N did so.

826 words