15

The king asked for a joint dinner with his family, saying that he has something important to announce. Everyone must attend.No one could escape.

Visenya spent the whole afternoon thinking about what could have happened between Aemond and her if Aegon hadn't interrupted them. She didn't want to go to dinner, because then she would have to meet Aemond, which she really didn't want.

Visenya was making the final touches in front of the mirror when they knocked on the door.

"Come"She shouted and put on her earring.

"Princess. Prince Jacerys is here." The guard bowed.

"Tell him I'm coming." She said.

"As you want.With permission." Visenya nodded and the guard closed the door.

She got up from the table and opened the door as Jace expected.

"sister."He smiled at her and held out his arm to her.

"Jace."holding onto her hand and they started walking.

"Do you know what grandfather might want?" Jace asked.

"I have no idea, but it must be important if he wants to have dinner with us in such a bad state." She explained to her younger brother. No one knew what the king might want.

"Have you seen him since dinner?" He asked quietly so that only the two of them could hear.

"No, but I heard from the servants that he looks very bad. They don't give him much time." She said as quietly as she could. Even the wall here has ears, and this everyone knew.

"Whatever it is, let it be good news." He let out a sigh.

"I don't think we're that lucky." They both laughed at that.

When they reached their destination, they let go of each other's hands and entered the door at the same time.

"Princess Visenya Valaryon and Princess Jacerys Valaryon." Said the guard who opened the door.

The king was already inside, as was everyone else. The king was sitting at the head of the table, Alicent was on his right and Rhaenyra was on his left. Now it was hard to tell who was green and black because they were sitting mixed.

In Rhaenyra side sat Haelena, Luke next to her, and Daemon next to Luke.
What was strange was that next to Daemon was a boy whom Visenya had never seen before, but he must have been a Targaryen, as his hair and eyes indicated that.

In Alicent side sat Otto Hightower, next to whom there was an empty chair, then Aemond followed. Next to him was a chair, on the other side of which sat Aegon.

"Sorry for the delay, my king, time has flown by." They both bowed in front of the king.

"No problem, take your seats."He spoke rather weakly but looked better than last time. Visenya and Luke were about to go to their mother's side when the king interrupted their action.

"Visenya, please sit between your betrothed and Aegon. And you, Jace, sit in the other empty chair." Both of them froze.

As Visenya looked around the table, it seemed that no one was happy about where she had to sit.

"As you wish."She forced a smile on herself and waved for his younger brother to go too.
As soon as they sat down, everyone fell silent. An awkward silence settled on the table.

"I'm so... I'm glad you're all here. It seems you're getting along better and better. The king spoke intermittently. It's not like "

"It's not like we had any other choice."Aegon whispered to himself.

"You must....want to know why I called the family together again.. You know... I'm getting weaker and weaker, so.....only the gods know how long I can be with you. And more than anything, I want to see you happy.In light of this, I'm announcing that we're going to move forward....the wedding." He looked at Visenya and Aemond." You're getting married in three days."

Aemon's shoulders tensed and he gripped the glass in his hand in such a way that it already cracked.

Visenya couldn't say anything, she just stared at her grandfather in a state of shock. The rest of the family was also surprised by this news, so everyone just listened more.

"What wonderful news, isn't it Visenya?" Otto Hightower broke the awkward silence, who seemed to be enjoying the situation. Visenya looked at him with piercing eyes, but smiled bitterly.

"Yes. We couldn't be happier....Right, Aemond?" She looked at the seat next to her, Aemond was squeezing mouth to say nothing.

"Of course."He said it in a neutral voice, but you could feel the hatred.

"Let's eat....and some music please."the king gestured to the servants.

everyone ate in silence for the first time and the atmosphere got better and better. Haelena was talking to Rhaenyra and Luke was talking to Daemon. What's even more surprising is that now Aegon and Jace got along well together. Probably because Aegon wasn't drunk either

Only Visenya and Aemond didn't say a word to each other or to anyone else. They weren't really in a good mood.

"Brother, I had the idea that you ​​taking your betrothed to dance." Aemond shot a murderous look at Aegon, who was visibly pleased to be able to annoy his brother.

"This is a very good idea. Dancing always makes you feel better." The king smiled happily at them.

Everyone watched tensely what was going to happen. Aemond got up from his seat with great difficulty and offered his hand to Visenya. Before the girl could answer, Aemond took her hand that was in her lap and pulled her up from her seat, then led her to the dance floor.

"What are you doing."She hissed between her teeth as she faced Aemond.

"Just a dance. Endure without hysterics." He looked at her nervously.

They both started dancing as the music started.Everyone watched them.

"Why is this necessary?" She whispered in anger.

"The king looked and we can't say no to him, you know that too."He explained as if she didn't know.

"How long have you kept the rules?" She asked with a sweet smile.

"I could ask you that too." He raised his eyebrows.She just rolled her eyes

I see you are not really happy that the wedding was brought forward. she mocking with him.

"Neither are you."She laughed.

"It doesn't matter to me. I can get any man even if I'm married."She said while he spun het in the air.

"Hmmm.."Aemond didn't said anything.

When the dance was over, everyone clapped and sat back in their seats.

"It was nice. You make a very good couple."Haelena said Visenya smiled back.