17

The ceremony went quite quickly. Damon accompanied his stepdaughter to the altar, while also supporting her.All the nobles of the seven kingdoms came to witness the Targaryen wedding.

Visenya didn't even pay attention to the septon, she just wanted to get over it as soon as possible.
She looked around the church and looked at her parents. Rhaeny and her brothers looked at her with a fake smile, and Daemon just nodded to his daughter. She slowly looked back at Aemond who was standing in front of her.She knew she had to do it, if not for herself then for her family.

He knew that if he said no now, it would all be over.Aemond began to accept the fact that he had to marry her. In fact, deep in his soul, he was happy that Visenya would become his wife.

"Yes." He pulled himself out as he looked into Visenya's eyes. He saw nothing but anger and hatred in her gaze.

"Cloak You're bride and bring her under You're protection."This step was carried out seamlessly.

"You're grace,my lords,my ladies,We stabd here the sight of gods and man to withness the union of a man and wife.One flesh,one heart,one soul now and forever"The septon went to them and tied a ribbon around their joined hands.

"Let it be known that Aemond of the house Targaryen and Visenya of the house Valaryon are one flesh, one heart ,one soul.Coursed be he how would seek to tear them assunder in the sight of the Seven,I hearby seal these two souls,binding them As one for eternity."The Sept said

"Father,Smith,Warrior,Mother,Maiden,Crone, Stranger. am hers and she is mine.From this day to the and of the days."Aemond looked at Visenya with a really small smile

"Father,Smith,Warrior,Mother,Maiden,Crone, Stranger. am his and he is mine.From this day to the and of the days."Visenya said with tears in her eyes.

"Whit this Kiss I pledge my love."He leaned closer to her.

"Dont you dare."She whispered to him,but Aemond just smiled victoriously and kissed her.

It was a quick kiss, but it was just enough for everyone to applaud and be happy for the young couple.

                               ........

After the ceremony, everyone cheered, except for the newlyweds. The two sat next to the king at the head of the table. It looked like they were not that happy. Visenya poured her sorrow into the wine, and Aemond tried the same.After their opening dance, they both sat down and didn't even speak to each other unless absolutely necessary.

Rhaenyra was talking with Alicent. Daemon and Rhaenys were talking with the king, whose health was not good but he showed up at the wedding.

Jace Luke and Healena danced together and later Baela and Rhaena joined them.

"May I ask my lovely niece to a dance?" Aegon went to Visenya and offered her his hand.

"Of course." She took the last sip from her glass and then got up from her seat and walked to the dance floor holding hands with Aegon.

"You don't look so happy."They started dancing.

"Why would I be? I'm stuck here with this terrible family in Kings Landing. Why would I be happy." She pulled her mouth into a grimace.

"OuchI won't take it upon myself."He said  smiling.

"Believe me, you're the most non-obnoxious person here. Although it's hard to admit it. And Haelena." Visenya laughed

"Thank you. I rarely hear that."He gave Visenya a whirk.

" I know. You won't hear it from me often either." Sh was joking with him.

"I already thought so,but I know you like me." He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not going to answer that."She said smiling

"I already thought that."Ha said

"May I ask for the princess?" Cregan Stark came to them.

" Of course." He winked at Visenya and left.

Cregan and Visenya started dancing with an akward silence.

"Your dress is beautiful, princess." Cregan said whit a little smile.

"Thank you. Although it's too much for me."She replied with an awkward smile.

"Let's avoid politeness. What do you want to say, Cregan?" Visenya returned to the subject.

"You could have marry to me Visenya. I would have given you everything.You could have been happy with me."He looked all the way into her eyes. Visenya's mouth was dry and she didn't know what to say.

" It's not like that." She gasped.

"Maybe you're not in love with me, but that could have changed over time."He said.

"Cregan."Visenya started But he interrupted her

"After what we did, you had to marry me."
He said more quietly that people shouldn't hear.

"Just because we slept together once doesn't mean anything. And anyway, this is our secret."She said whit a smile so that others don't know how nervous She was.

"It doesn't work like that, Visenya." If this had been found out, you would be my wife by now. "He said in a calm voice.

"As I said, no one knows. Although I think Daemon guesses that there was something between us...... Maybe I would have been happier with you, but it doesn't matter.I Really love you Cregan.Like a friend."She said with a warm smile.

"I love you too, princess.....Like a friend. If you ever need me, you know where to find me. And you can count on the north."He smiled back.

"Thank you"Then the music ended and Visenya ran back to her table and filled another glass.

Aemond watched Visenya and Cregan Stark dance and then killed the jealousy. Everyone could see that he was nervous.

" You are jealous." His brother sat next to him.

"Don't talk nonsense. You are drunk." He looked at Aegon with piercing eyes.

"Yes, but I can see it. Look how close they are.Maybe there was something between them." He tried to annoy Aemond, and surprisingly, he succeeded.

"maybe I'll do something I'll regret." He threatened. He raised his hands defensively.

"As you wish. Although look how well they are together. When did you see her smile like that while dhe was with us?" That's how he left his brother.

Aegon was right. He really rarely saw Visenya smile. Although her happiness made him smile too, and he was unconsciously jealous that she wasn't laughing with him.

When the music died down, Aemond watched as Visenya hurried back to the table and started drinking.He knew that it was not a good conversation she had with the Stark.

At the end, the king announced that the young couple would now retire.