- 4: We'd Be Good Together -

Izuku didn't think that being paired up with the new kid in his class would mean he would hang around him a lot. He isn't complaining or anything, it was just weird to him. 

The first thing this new guy should have learned is that no one talks to Izuku. That was common knowledge, so maybe he just didn't care. That was a weird part too.

"Hey Mido!" 

A new nickname.

Izuku tries not to get his hopes up about actually having someone to talk to. He puts his things into his locker, slipping his shoes on as he looks up at the new guy. 

He just smiles awkwardly, but he doesn't seem to mind because he just continues to talk. He starts to walk and Izuku follows, passing rows of lockers. 

"Should i come over for the project? I can bring that new superhero fighting game i was telling you about yesterday!" 

The new guy, Ishida Fukui, only took two weeks to worm his way into Izuku's personal life. Including meeting his mom and hanging out with him under the guise of working on the project, even though they almost never get anything done. 

But Izuku couldn't find it in himself to care, especially when Ishida would bring tons of cool things over, like comic books, new games, or even collectables. 

He can feel himself buzzing with excitement and Ishida looks at him with fondness, something Izuku didn't realize how much he missed from another person. 

it churns his stomach and makes him feel kind of sick. 

Maybe he should stop hanging around Ishida. 

That isn't what comes out of his mouth. 

"Really?!" 

Ishida grins, his spiky hair a lot like- 

"And you know what i found out?" 

Izuku smiles up at him, curious as Ishida pauses for suspense. 

"You can unlock All Might as a playable character if you beat the game on hard mode! I could totally stay over tonight, and we can play it all." 

that sick feeling comes into his stomach again, but his excitement rises all the same. 

"Ok! I'll... ask my mom." 

Ishida smiles down at him, his eyes shining. Why did they have to be so close to his eyes? This is really bad. He shouldn't be hanging around Ishida like this. 

Izuku's brain is turning him into some kind of replacement of something he can no longer have, and he knows it. 

He hates himself for it. 

He hears stomping and looks behind Ishida, who is talking about something Izuku wasn't paying attention to. He sees Katsuki stomping over and he feels even more fear. 

He's definitely going to crack their skulls open when he comes over here. The more Katsuki looks at him, he just seems to get even more pissed. 

Izuku looks at Ishida and tugs on his uniform sleeve. He looks surprised, stopping mid-sentence.

"What's up M-" 

"We really need to go somewhere else. Do you know anywhere private? We can go talk there, its way better then here. Trust me." 

Izuku practically vomits all his words out, speaking quickly as Katsuki gets closer. He sees the blondes shoulder move back, getting ready to blow them both up. Before Ishida can ask anything, Izuku tugs harder on his sleeve and pulls him away. 

He runs as fast as he can and only stops when they are as far away as possible. He is so gonna pay for that later. 

He has his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Ishida looks at him, his brows furrowed in confusion as he catches his breath. 

"What was that for?" 

Izuku just gives him an apologetic look. 

"Sorry, i just..." 

Izuku doesn't know that to say and Ishida looks like he can tell. He wonders if he really is that obvious when it comes to what he's thinking. Ishido smiles at him and laughs. 

"It's fine Mido." 

Izuku's stomach churns and he looks away. 

Izuku makes it his mission to avoid Katsuki. The last thing he wants is him to take his anger out on his... 

Friend. 

He's glad that Ishida doesn't notice the way Izuku pulls him away randomly or pushes him somewhere so they could hide after he sees Katsuki glance at them. 

If he didn't know any better, he would have thought Ishido liked being pulled around by him, with the way he would laugh and grin at him like he just did something amusing. 

The day ends and before Izuku can do anything, Ishida is grabbing his hand and walking out of the school grounds with him. 

"We're gonna have so much fun Mido! We can go buy some snacks at the convenience store and watch movies if you want!" 

Izuku nods and he feels Ishida's hand squeeze slightly tighter. Ishida's red eyes shine, and his spiky black hair brushes back slightly with the wind. 

 That churning in his stomach doesn't go away even when they get to his house. Inko isn't home since she's working, so its just the two of them. Ishida doesn't waste time, smoothly taking off his shoes and going up the stairs. 

Izuku watches from below, untying his own shoes. The first time Ishida came to his house, he stared at the pictures above the stairs and asked Izuku a million questions. 

"Why is Bakugou in here?" 

"You guys look so little, have you known each other long?" 

"Do you guys talk a lot?" 

"Does he still visit?" 

"So your mom and his mom are friends?" 

Izuku didn't answer any of them. Ishida didn't mind that either, because he still stares at them. He doesn't like that Ishida sees all of this. That he looks at the pictures that Izuku cried at for years with such curiosity. 

they go up to his room and he puts the disc into the game console. Ishida plops himself on Izuku's bed, watching him closely. He can feel his eyes digging into the back of his head.

He ignores it though, setting up the game and handing him a controller. 

If he spends more time with him, maybe this feeling will go away.