- 24: Please Dont Desert Me -

Izuku hasn't been in Bakugo's room since they were children. Obviously, it had changed a lot since then, but it still screamed the blonde. 

It was tidy, not one thing out of place. All except for the turned down picture frame that was on his desk, the back end sticking up. He noticed it when he went over to the bed to sit down. 

One of the many rules of Katsuki Bakugos bedroom: 

You can sit on the bed, just don't ruin any of his blankets or he will kill you. 

Bakugou stands by the doorway, watching Izuku closely, as if waiting for him to fuck something up so he can kick him out. Izuku makes sure he does everything perfectly. He had promised his mom that he would at least do this one thing. 

The atmosphere is heavy, and it takes all of his willpower to get the words out of his mouth without stuttering. He keeps his hands on his knees, sitting straight and on the edge of the bed. 

"So...Um... About... The other day..." 

Bakugou narrows his eyes, arms folded as he leans on the wall. The door is closed, and they would both be able to hear someone coming up the stairs, so it's just them. 

"Three weeks." 

Izuku looks at him, his brows furrowed. 

What? 

He had said it so clearly, overpowering Izuku's half assed words. When he looks at him, it's like he's fifty feet away rather than just across the room from him. He clarifies, because Izuku definitely needs it. 

"It's been three fucking weeks." 

He looks away and nods, his fingers pulling and picking at the fabric of his pants, the bed shifting under him as he rocks back slightly. 

"Yeah. Look, i um... I wanted to say..." 

He trails off yet again, and Katsuki grits his teeth. 

"Just spit it out already Deku." 

Bakugo's voice is harsh, almost sounding way too loud for the room they are in right now. For the air so heavy you can cut it with a knife. He takes a deep breath to calm his nerves and looks at him after slowly letting it out. 

"I'm not sorry about slapping you. You deserved it. Honestly, i should have done a lot more than that." 

He expects Bakugo to blow up at him, so he continues. The blonde just watches him silently, his arms still folded. His eyes never leave Izuku's, and it makes him feel slightly self-conscious. He can't remember the last time when Bakugo looked at him for this long without hitting him or something. 

"But still. I shouldn't have lost my temper like that, so I'm sorry." 

The room is silent, and they just stare at each other. Izuku is waiting for Bakugo to yell at him, to scream at him so loud that his eardrums start to bleed. So loud that their parents come rushing up the stairs only to find Izuku blown up into smithereens.  

But, to his shock and horror, Bakugo closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and says, 

"Yeah. Same." 

He spits it out grudgingly, as if just muttering it was hard enough for him. And Izuku just stares at him. His stomach twists and his heart leaps into his throat. Did he really just hear that right? 

Because that isn't the same Bakugo that he knows. 

His brain goes through the moment in flashes, his eyes widening even more. He croaks out, his mouth feeling suddenly dry, 

"What?" 

Bakugou groans, moving his hands to his face and pushing his hair back. His red eyes look at Izuku. 

"I..." 

He takes another deep breath and Izuku watches, in a trance. Bakugou seems to think for a moment before opening his mouth again, hesitantly saying, 

"I shouldn't have... done all of that."

He's careful with his words, as if walking on eggshells. He says everything quietly, a drastic contrast to his previous tone. 

Is he dreaming? 

Did he get killed when he walked through the doorway, and this was just his imagination moments after death? 

His face must have said all that he was thinking because Bakugo glares at him, before looking away. 

"What?! I said i was s-" 

He stops himself before dropping onto the floor, leaning against the wall. 

"Sorry. I mean that I'm sorry. I didn't mean... What i said before...." 

What 

The 

Actual 

Fuck? 

"-Fucking hate you." 

"Sorry. I didn't mean... what i said before...." 

"Your bitch ass got one free slap. It's not going to fucking happen again. And if it does, count your fucking days, Deku." 

Bakugou glares at him, his eyes fiery and bright. 

"And if you tell anyone about this, I'm fucking skinning you alive you got it!?" 

Izuku just stares at him. He feels his eyes prickling with tears begging to be shed, and he sniffs. 

"Yeah, I got it..." 

He wipes his eyes, still in shock at the blonde's actions. If you would have told him only an hour before all of this that the Katsuki Bakugo was going to say the word sorry to him of all people, he would have laughed in your face. 

And now, here he is, right in that situation. 

They sit in even more silence, and Izuku finally wipes his eyes enough that the small tears stop coming. Bakugo looks at him from his sitting position, head rested on his arms around his knees. 

"Crybaby."

Izuku looks down at him, relaxing slightly. 

"Asshole." 

Bakugou rolls his eyes and stands up, grabbing two controllers and tossing one at Izuku, who catches it quickly. He turns on the T.V and silently sits down next to him. 

For the next couple of minutes, him and Bakugou silently play Stardew valley. 

"Deku, don't go fucking around in my chests." 

A little pixelized version of Bakugou moves on his side of the screen, moving back and forth to try and block Izuku from getting to his chests. 

"But Kacchan, i need to borrow your watering can since i left mine at the blacksmith!" 

The blonde pauses for a moment, then silently moves away, letting Izuku take the watering can from his chest. 

"Fine. But your ass is getting me copper ore in exchange." 

Izuku smiles. 

"Deal." 

And it feels... 

Nice.