- 31: Please Don't Desert Me -

Izuku doesn't remember the last time he woke up feeling so happy. It surprises even himself when he wakes up and his blood is instantly pumping in excitement. He checks his phone and there are messages from Ishida of course, but some from kacchan that make his heart beat a little quicker. 

'Morning nerd.' 

'Your ass better be up by now.' 

'Wanna go to the arcade before the movie.' 

'You down?' 

Texting kacchan at night only to text him first thing in the morning is exciting to him. It's like he wants to talk to Izuku as much as he wants to talk to him, and it makes him happy. He's never going to say this to the blondes face since he can just picture what he would say. 

"Don't go assuming shit nerd!" 

He smiles and types back quickly, already getting out of bed to take a quick shower. 

'Good morning kacchan! Did you sleep ok?' 

He sends a sticker of a green bunny getting out of bed. 

'I am! Should we meet earlier then?' 

He puts his phone down and goes to the bathroom to shower. He spends a little while in there, brushing his teeth and washing his face. After he's done, he rushes to his room to change. He stares at the clothes in his closet before giving up, just taking them all out and setting them on his bed. 

He steps back and looks at all of them, his brows furrowed. They all looked just fine yesterday, but for some reason, now that he's really looking at them, they seem a little plain... 

He has no idea what he's going to wear. But if he takes too long, he's going to be late and then they won't have enough time to play at the arcade and then he'll be late to the movie and- 

His phone dings. 

'At three.' 

'I slept fine nerd.' 

Followed by an angry looking dog circling around a tree. 

'How about you.' 

He checks the time and sees that its already one, so he just quickly chooses something. He ends up with a light blue shirt with the words 'All M' in bold letters, with black pants. He deems it good enough and puts on his shoes. He responds back, 

'Ok!' 

He sends a green bunny jumping around excitedly. 

'I slept good kacchan!' 

He gets another text from Ishida, and it pops up on his screen. He clicks it. In this morning alone, Ishida has texted him over 30 times. His blue message bubbles take up all of their chat logs with only the occasional green bubble from Izuku. 

'I'm coming over Izu!' 

He grimaces slightly and responds, 

'Sorry Ishida Kun, but you can't come over today, I'm not gonna be there.' 

He gets a text back almost right away, and it's just what he expected. 

'Why? What are you doing?' 

He doesn't want to tell Ishida who he's going with, he knows the other will lose his shit if he finds out. But it still makes him feel guilty, hanging out with the person who hurt his friend. 

'I'm just going somewhere so i won't be home.' 

'But we didn't even get to hang out yesterday and now we aren't hanging out today? Do you see how unfair that is to me? Besides, what are you going to be doing? It's not like you have anyone else to hang out with besides me, I'm your only friend. Can't i tag along?' 

'It'll be more fun if we do whatever you're doing together.' 

Izuku sighs, feeling a little annoyed. 

'Sorry, maybe we can hang out some other time.' 

Three bubbles pop up only to disappear. He goes downstairs and sees a note posted on the fridge. He goes to the kitchen and reads it. 

'Good morning Izuku! I hope you slept well, I'm off to work! Good luck on your-'

The next word is scribbled out so well Izuku can't make out what it says. 

'Outing with Katsuki today! Mama loves you!' 

He smiles and goes to the door, about to step out when Ishida texts him again. 

'Fine. Don't even bother texting me since you can't even bother to hang out anymore.' 

His smile falters slightly as he looks at the message. What, he can't last two days without seeing Izuku or something? Why is he always like this. 

he puts his phone away and goes out the door, walking to the mall. It's only a couple minutes away, so he takes his time. the weather is nice, and the sky is clear, and he feels his mood go back up again. 

Today is going to be a good day and Ishida's mood won't take that away from him. He gets to the mall, and there are a lot of people around. Kacchan had said the night before to meet up at the fountain, so he makes his way there. 

He already feels so nervous. They hadn't hung out outside of school willingly since they were little. What if it was awkward? What if they are quiet most of the time, both of them not knowing what to say? What if kacchan gets bored of him and just leaves? 

He gets even more nervous as he gets closer to the fountain and the feeling skyrockets when he sees Katsuki standing there. They both make eye contact and Izuku wants to turn around on his heel and run. 

He looks great. 

Kacchan always looks great, yeah, but it still makes his heart stop. it's so effortless that Izuku wishes he could be like kacchan in that way. The blonde goes over to him, hands in his pockets. 

"You good nerd? There's a lot more fucking extras then i thought there would be but whatever. Let's go." 

kacchan starts to walk and Izuku follows next to him, a small smile on his face. He glances around, his tongue tied. He wants to say something, but for some reason he feels so nervous. 

"Ah... Y-You look good kacchan!"