- 52: I Just Want You To Be Alright -

This is going way better than he thought it would go. That is just a given, he's Katsuki fucking Bakugo. What is starting to piss him off is having to leave Deku so much so early on. He was hoping they would be able to hang out as much as they want, but all this stuff started to come up. 

He knows he has to get it done though. UA applications are always pouring in, couple that with the harsh entrance exams, training, his current school work, and studying, he's got a shit ton of stuff to do. At the very least, he can walk Deku to school in the mornings and hang out for a little bit on the weekends, but that's nothing compared to how much they used to hang out. 

He goes over to him after getting his shit together. He was told the day prior that he has to meet up with the teachers to talk about what would look good on his application. It's not enough to have a good quirk or grades, he knows that, so he wants his application to be fucking perfect, so good that he gets into UA no questions asked.

Despite that, he still notices Deku popping a pill into his mouth before he comes over to his desk. He glances at the pocket it's in, the zipper left slightly open. Headaches. Is Deku stressing out about something? The green haired nerd smiles at him, his eyes bright like always. It's probably nothing. 

He glances at the homeroom teacher, who is talking to a couple of students about something. He has time before he has to go. They both walk out of the classroom when Deku is finished packing his stuff up. 

"I'm going over to the teachers for a while. They want to look over what i need to make my UA application better, so I can't walk you home today, Deku." 

He had tried calling Deku 'Izuku' for a couple of days, each time the nerd freaked out all red in the face, but he decided to only use it to embarrass him. Deku's green eyes look at him and he doesn't look disappointed. Deku gets it, but it still makes Katsuki annoyed with all of this stuff. 

"It's ok kacchan, you don't have to worry, I'll be fine on my own."

Katsuki glares at him and slings his arm over the nerd's shoulders. He likes holding him close, and when he does it like this, it looks normal and not like he's being a creep. He shakes him slightly, watching his dark green curls bouncing when he does. 

"And who the hell said i was worried Deku!? I'm not! I'm just telling you so you don't cry about missing me so much!"

Deku laughs, the sound ringing in Katsuki's ears and burying itself into his brain. The other rolls his eyes and leans into him. Deku probably doesn't know what he's doing, but Katsuki certainly does. Especially when he's so close the blonde can feel his warm body next to his. 

"I'm crying right now kacchan. I'm so sad. Can't you see the tears in my eyes?" 

Katsuki can't help but grin. He loves when they joke around like this. It's so different from how they used to be, so much better that Katsuki soaks it up every single time. Deku just looks so at ease with him now, so comfortable that he doesn't tense up or look like he's about to cry just by being next to him. 

"You're crying on the inside nerd." 

The homeroom teacher comes out from the classroom, done with talking to those other extras. Katsuki feels his mood taking a swan dive when he sees his face.

"Bakugou! let's get going."

He takes his arm off of Deku's shoulders (He makes sure that asshole knows he isn't happy about it) and goes over to him. Deku gives him a thumbs up when he passes, and he walks with the homeroom teacher. 

He glances at Deku walking away and shoves his hands into his pockets, a displeased look on his face. The homeroom teacher glances at him. 

"Youve been hanging out with Midoriya a lot lately. I thought you two didn't get along." 

Katsuki glares at him. Most of the teachers didn't really bother with Deku since he was quirkless, often just singling him out from things like school events or counseling. That was one of the things he plans to change. He didn't really think about it before, but now that his and Deku's relationship is fixed somewhat, he wants to make sure that society changes. 

When he becomes the number one hero, he'll do whatever the hell he can to make it a safer place for Deku and other quirkless people to live in. 

"We're friends." 

He leaves it at that, and the homeroom teacher nods, not saying anything as he opens the door to the teacher's room. There are a shit ton of teachers around a long table, all talking to each other with papers in front of them. 

He ends up getting home late, his phone dying right when he was done with the meeting. It took a while, with a whole fucking list of shit piled onto his lap with things he needed to get done in order for UA to at least take a look at his application. 

He walks down the street to his house and goes inside, shutting the door behind him and taking off his shoes. 

"I'm home!" 

it's when he's crouched over taking off the last one that Mitsuki goes to him, her brows furrowed slightly and her hands pinching the sleeve of her sweater. 

"Hey Katsuki. Do you think tomorrow you could go over to little Izuku's house?" 

Katsuki looks at his mom, shrugging. 

"Sure, i go there every single day old hag, I'll make time." 

"Good. He passed out so could you bring over-"

Katsuki stops walking to his room and turns to her. 

"Why the fuck couldn't you start with that?! Is he ok!?" 

She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"He's fine. Inko says that he's just really sick. So bring over some of the stuff i put out for him tomorrow." 

Katsuki nods and Mitsuki gives him a tired smile, going to the kitchen to do whatever the hell she was doing before.