- 54: Okay Baby Alright -

His luck could not be any better.

He doesn't expect Deku to answer the door since he's sick, so he takes the spare key from his pocket and lets himself in. There is no one in the house but Deku and him since Auntie inko is at work, which is an added bonus. 

He gets to take care of Deku all by himself, so it's his responsibility to help him get back on his feet. He goes up the stairs, not really being quiet about his arrival. He bursts through the door and stands in the doorway, expecting Deku to jump out of his skin. 

He doesn't, too busy letting out the most back breaking cough Katsuki has ever fucking heard. There are tissues on the bed, all gross and snot covered, and the nerd doesn't look good either. His face is flushed red more than normal and his eyes are puffy, and he's struggling just to breath out of his nose. 

To summarize, he looks totally fucking out of it. 

"That sound fucking painful. You good?"

This seems to get Deku's attention because the green haired nerd jerks up only to lay on his side, propped up by his elbow as he lets out more hurtful coughs. 

"K-Ka-!"

Thank God he wore a mask over here, he doesn't want to catch whatever the hell Deku has. He walks over to his side of the bed and puts the bag that his old hag gave him on the floor. There are some containers full of the soup she made, green tea, and some cough drops and boxes of tissues. 

The rag that was on Deku's forehead falls to the floor with a wet slap and he grabs it, wringing it out into the bowl with the water. 

"Chill out nerd, didn't mean to scare you. The old hag wanted me to bring you some shit."

Deku's coughing dies down somewhat, laying on his back and breathing like its killing him. He puts the warm rag back onto Deku's forehead, his fingers grazing over his skin for a bit. It's so warm, warmer than usual, and his freckles are standing out so much against his skin. 

"I heard you passed the hell out. You ok? You must have hit your head pretty fucking hard." 

Deku gives him a smile and it still looks pained. He's so cute like this, problem is it looks like he's dying, which is not a good thing. He pulls Deku's blankets all the way to his chin, so all he sees is his flushed face and crazy bed head. 

"I'm fine kacchan, it's just a fever." 

Yeah, a fever does not look like this. Deku even sounds like he's on the brink of death. Besides, it was so bad that Deku fucking passed out. Katsuki can only imagine how inko must have felt finding Deku like that, anyone would have freaked the fuck out. 

"Fever or not nerd, I'm here to take care of your dumbass. God knows you won't be able to do shit the way you are right now." 

Katsuki is already going through the bag and looking for the containers of soup. Deku is probably worrying about all the shit he has to do. He can tell by the way he opens his mouth, the way his muscles tense and the clear worry in his eyes. This could be what Katsuki needs. Just time to fucking relax and take care of him for a bit. Kinda like a stress reliver or some shit. 

"K-Kacchan, you-"

Deku clears his throat harshly before speaking again,  

"You don't have ti-" 

"I don't have to Deku, i want to. Now just let me do this shit for you." 

Katsuki says it quietly, but he still sees Deku's eyes widen and his face turn even more red. Ah damnit, he's just too fucking much. He feels his cheeks warm up and in order to make sure the speeding of his heart doesn't get to be too much, he decides to change the subject. 

"Now sit up for a second."

Deku does so with his help, back leaning against the headboard of the bed. Katsuki takes the warm rag and makes sure it doesn't fall onto the nerd's blankets. He takes the green tea out of the bag and holds it to Deku's lips. 

"Drink it but go slow. Ill reheat some of the soup that the old hag made for you."

His eyes focus on Deku's lips a lot longer than needed and he feels himself get warm again. this fucking mask has helped his ass a lot in the last twenty minutes. After Deku is done drinking some of it, he puts it on the bedside table. 

The nerd looks at him, his green eyes shining as he gives him another wobblily smile. 

"Thank you kacchan."

His heart is just ready to fucking burst.  He ruffles the nerd's hair, letting the feeling of his dark curls against his hand sink in for a bit. 

"No problem nerd."

He goes downstairs and starts to reheat the soup. It all feels so domestic. So homey and normal its almost surreal. He's never imagined that he'd be doing this, wanting to take care of Deku even when he has so much shit going on. It's nice. It makes him want to have this every day, not just as friends but as something more. 

He goes back upstairs with the soup and helps Deku eat his soup. The nerd is trying his best to eat all of it, but Katsuki can tell when he's pushing himself too far, so he ends up finishing the rest. 

"You," 

Deku's voice is weak and raspy, Katsuki helping him go back to laying down comfortably. His hands always linger when he touches Deku, on his shoulder or his arm. Hopefully the nerd doesn't notice. 

"You don't have to help me so much kacchan, I'll be fine if you need to leave..."

Katsuki decides then and there, looking at Deku's sickly state and the dark night outside. 

"I'm staying the night nerd. Move over."