- 8: Its What I Wanted From The Start -

He's becoming a lot closer to Ishida then he first thought he would. Even after the project was over with, he continued to hang out with Izuku the same as always. 

It feels so much different from how his life usually goes, and he's starting to feel a lot happier. Once that first wave of suspicion turning into acceptance, hanging out with Ishida has been a lot of fun.

Even when getting the shit beaten out of him, he still feels happy because he knows Ishida will be walking him home. 

It was overbearing at first, with how friendly and straight forward he was, but once he got used to it, it hasn't been that bad. 

But even if he's happier with hanging out with him, he always feels this sort of guilt. 

Guilt because no matter how much he tries, he always has these messed up thoughts. 

Ishida is too much. Not like kacchan at all. 

Kacchan would never do this. 

Don't you think he's being too much? 

It makes him feel terrible and sick with himself. Ishida is a million times better then Katsuki would ever be. 

His dumb brain thinking otherwise is just insane. 

Ishida and Izuku are studying in his room like always, Izuku at his desk and Ishida on his bed. He's writing on his homework, the scratching of his pencil filling the room along with Ishida murmuring to himself, reading flashcards. 

Izuku doesn't mind the quiet at all, if anything, it makes him feel slightly peaceful. They spend a lot of time in his room, which normally Izuku would be uncomfortable with, i mean, he was at first, but he's gotten used to it by now. 

He can hear Ishida moving around on his bed but focuses on his homework. 

"Do you see that Bakugo kid a lot outside of school?" 

Despite Izuku showing clear discomfort in answering questions about Katsuki, Ishida either doesn't get the hint or just doesn't care. 

Thats fine.

Izuku hopes that's something else he'll get used to over time. 

"Um... Sometimes?" 

"Like, when?" 

Izuku would understand if it was just a couple questions one day, like why he bullies Izuku or something. But no. 

Ishida makes it a habit to ask at least ten questions every single chance he gets. 

"When we go over for dinner or there's a family party or something..." 

"Do you guys talk a lot? Has he been in here?" 

"No, he usually avoids me when we meet in public with his family around... And he hasn't been in here since we were little." 

"Would you talk to him if you could?" 

Its these dumb questions that get Izuku stuck in his brain. 

look at how nosy he is 

why can't he just fucking take the hint? 

Tell him to shut up 

"Um... I mean..." 

at his stalled answer, he hears Ishida sit up from his bed. He still hasn't turned to look at him or anything, staring down at his homework. 

"What? You can't answer or something?" 

The tone in his voice makes Izuku a little irritated, but he shrugs it off. 

Ishida is just being a concerned friend. 

"It's not that, it's just complicated." 

"Complicated?" 

"Thats what i said." 

Ishida sighs. 

"Mido, you don't have to get so mad." 

"If you wanna know so bad then ask him yourself. I've told you a million times that i don't like taking about him and it's not any of your business." 

Izuku grumbles. 

He likes Ishida, really, he's a good friend, but its times like this that Izuku can get... 

frustrated. 

"Mido, come on. I'm your best friend, I'm pretty sure i have a right to know what's going on between you two." 

Izuku sighs and finally looks at him. Ishida is sat comfortably in his bed, right at home. His red eyes stare back at Izuku, concerned but uncaring. 

"There is nothing going on so don't keep asking." 

Ishida looks back at him, and then he sighs. 

As if Izuku is a difficult child that needs to be gently scolded. 

Kacchan would never- 

"Ok, ok ill stop asking for now. Since you're in a bad mood, you wanna go get some take out? My treat." 

Ishida smiles at him and his tone is so carefree and relaxed that if Izuku wasn't really listening, he wouldn't have noticed the way he said for now. 

Izuku will get used to it. 

"Fine." 

Ishida smiles brighter at him and stands up, the bed creaking from under him as he brushes himself off. 

"Good! You need a break anyway. What are you feeling?" 

Izuku feels sick, if that means anything. 

"Um... Whatever you want." 

Ishida seems pleased with that answer (like every night) and he takes his phone out orders the same old shit. 

"Pizza it is!" 

And like every night, Izuku gets up and goes downstairs to the living room so that they could start a show. 

At least that's something that changes. 

Izuku looks out the glass door that looks out towards the backyard to see Katsuki's room light still on. 

He wonders if he's doing anything important right now. 

He stares at it for a moment before he goes back to the living room and sits on the couch. Ishida looks at him as he walks in, that same smile on his face. 

"What were you looking at?" 

Izuku shrugs, turning on the T.V. 

"Nothing." 

Ishida smiles, but his eyes reflect something different. He clearly doesn't believe what he just said but decides to ignore it. 

He plops down right next to Izuku as he chooses a show. 

He likes hanging out with him, really, but he wishes they would switch it up sometimes. 

Maybe he's just blowing it out of proportion. 

It's not that bad, and if he's being honest, it's still nice having something to look forward to. So Izuku just ignores the deep pit in his stomach and clicks play. 

No more thinking about Katsuki, and no more comparing Ishida to Katsuki 

Izuku looks at the patio door and sees Katsuki's room light turn off.