- 35: Up All Night -

He was there from the very beginning, waiting. He watched as Izu woke up, instantly checking his phone. He waited for a message, but nothing ever came. That only raised his suspicions that something was going on. 

He had texted all morning and all night, waiting for a reply and watching from outside, but of course Izu couldn't care less. He had expected Izu to say yes to hanging out when he told him he was coming over like he should have. 

But of course, life needs to bite him in the ass. Izu had only given him half assed responses and had ignored him most of the time, and it was seriously starting to piss him off. How could Izu just leave his best friend like that? 

Izu would never do all of this by himself. Someone must have been telling him, forcing him to avoid Ishida. There was only one person that could do something like that. 

He had followed Izu all the way to the mall, walking behind him. He was beyond curious and pissed off, what or who was so important that Izu had to ditch him for two days straight? did he do not enough for Izu as his best friend? It didn't even make any sense; he's given Izu everything he could ever want. 

And he had watched as he met up with Katsuki Bakugo of all people. 

Then it all made sense. Izu would never willingly hang out with the asshole, so he must have been forced to, either by his parents or Bakugo himself. He's the type of person who would do that, just to torment his poor Izu. 

What's worse, is that he knows that bastard knows he's watching them. They had made eye contact almost right after the fountain meeting, had watched the asshole grin at him like he won a lottery. 

That bastard will pay for manipulating his friend and forcing him to hang around him. Ishida watches as they go into the theater, and right before the doors shut, Bakugo glances behind at him, puts his hand up, and flips him off. 

Thats the last fucking straw. 

He can't do anything but turn and go home. 

Bakugou may have won this one, but the next time, Ishida will help Izu see reason. 

He walks home, hands in his pockets and mind preoccupied. Without hanging out and being with Izu, there really isn't anything else he can do. So he goes home. 

Its dark when he enters the house, silent. No one must be home, at least that is what he would believe if not for the pair of shoes at the door. He takes his own shoes off and goes further into the house. 

He turns his head and looks into the kitchen, where his mom sits at the table, staring at the wood blankly. She has half a bottle of wine, her wine glass empty. Her hair is a mess, and her shirt is slightly unbuttoned, her mascara running down her cheeks and her bright red lipstick smudged. 

She is mumbling to herself, her eyes blank. She slowly looks up and sees him standing there. She sits up straight and goes towards him, as quick as she can despite being drunk. 

"F-Fu-" 

She can't say his name, and he stares at her in slight disgust. 

"Hello mom." 

She gives him a wobbly smile, her eyes desperate as she reaches her arms out to hug him. She shifts on her feet, and he wonders how she's even standing. 

"W-Where is your fa-father? Have you s-seen him?" 

Her words are slurred, and she leans into him. His nose crinkles at the smell of alcohol in her breath. 

When him and Izu get together, they won't have to worry about all of this. It will just be them, and no one else. Izus mother if that's what he really wants. But they will never visit Ishida's family. 

Ever. 

he will be more than happy to get rid of this part of his life. 

"No mom. I haven't seen him. He's on a business trip remember?" 

he wasn't. 

His dad was probably off fucking some younger, prettier women. Not his mess of a mother. Sure, she worked hard and was very career driven, but once she got home, she drowned herself in booze and wine. 

She looks down, her eyes dark and sad. 

"Oh...." 

He's about to leave and go up to his room. He plans to just stay in bed and see if Izu texts back that or just stare at the pictures, he has of him all over his walls. But his moms grip tightens around his arms, and she pleads, 

"F-Fu- Wait-" 

Her sentence is cut off by vomit landing all over his arm. 

Fucking. 

Great. 

She sobs loudly, still not letting him go as he recoils in even more disgust, trying to get away from her as fast as possible. 

"Don't leave me! Please don't leave me! I need you! Ill give you anything you want just don't leave me!" 

She wails and Ishida takes a deep breath. 

If he wants to be deserving of Izu, he needs to be a better person. 

He has to at least try. 

So, he takes his mom to the bathroom to throw up some more and brush her teeth. She rests against the cold bathtub, and Ishida stares down at her. 

He can just turn her around. 

Turn her around and let her rest. 

It wouldn't hurt for that long. 

She would want it. 

he could end it all right now. 

He could just run away with Izu. 

He would help him; he knows he would. 

Him and Izu could have their new lives right fucking now. 

He just has to make sure she doesn't breathe anything but water for a couple of minutes. 

Just for- 

Before he had even realized it, his arms were moving towards her, ready to get it done. But she is none the wiser, and with a big, tearful smile, she opens her arms and pulls him in. 

"My sweet boy. I know you'll never leave me..."

Maybe next time.