- 23: Please Dont Desert Me -

"Come give Katsuki a hug!" 

He's about to decline, looking at aunt inko and opening his mouth but then the shit nerd has the balls to beat him to it. He puts his hands up, looking like he just wants to get the hell out of there, an awkward smile on his face. 

"Ah, no its ok mom! Bakugou," 

He catches his parents' eyes, who look beyond shocked and appalled at his last name on Deku's lips and not that dumb nickname. 

"Doesn't like hugs remember?" 

He's not fucking wrong but still, it pisses him the fuck off. Seeing Deku step back and decline like that made something in Katsuki act before thinking. One second, he's next to aunt inko and then the next, he's in front of Deku, staring down at him. 

He slowly opens his arms, and he internally cringes, trying not to show it on his face. Green eyes look back at him, confusion and unease swirling in them. 

"Give me a fucking hug fucke-" 

He looks behind Deku's head at his parents. Mitsuki looks at him sternly, her red eyes focusing on him. She nods her head slightly, urging him to do something. Masaru looks at him worriedly, his hands clasped in front of him. 

He groans but stops the sentence before it can get any worse than it already is. They gave him this chance, so he might as well use it. 

"Yeah." 

He finishes lamely, and even his dad face palms, turning away. He looks at Deku, waiting. He watches as Deku bites his bottom lip slightly before hesitantly reaching his arms out. Katsuki stiffens, and nearly lets out a scream when he wraps his arms around him. 

And then the bastard squeezes and it does shit he does not want to think about. It's different from aunt inkos hugs, and his first thought is to shove him away and to never think about this ever again. 

But he doesn't follow through on that. Not when he feels so small like this. It pisses him off. Why should Deku get to make him feel like... whatever the hell this is when he doesn't even want to be here. 

He knows its irrational, he isn't fucking stupid, but irrational anger is something Katsuki knows best. It's a feeling he's most comfortable with, because then he feels other shit, he doesn't want to dive into. 

He tightens his hold on him. 

He puts his face in his hair and smells his damn shampoo like a creep. Of course, it doesn't look like it from his fangirling parents and aunt inko, but it's the fact he knows what he's doing. It makes him feel disgusting. 

Actual disgust. 

Standing there, Deku's face in his chest probably just trying not to run away while he's smelling his hair like a fucking pervert. It's the fact that Deku doesn't know what he's doing, that he just thinks this is a hug. 

He's acting like that disgusting fucking asshole, and he feels grossed out with himself, and with everything else he's done, he should feel this way. It's not like Deku is going to come running over the first chance he gets; he made that very clear. 

It's been weeks and not even one conversation before this, if this can even count as a conversation. All the while Katsuki has been feeling like complete shit, even if before this he didn't want to admit it. 

Deku being here clearly has an effect on his feelings, and it confuses him more than pisses him off. He doesn't feel angry when he's holding him like this, just... calm. 

It's a feeling he doesn't deserve to feel, not after all of this. But he stays there anyway, because Katsuki is nothing but shameless. In that moment, he feels a small shift, and it makes him mutter something that he has never once said to him. 

"I'm... sorry." 

Katsuki stiffens. 

What the hell? 

Deku doesn't seem to hear him, but he pulls away, stepping far from him as he avoids eye contact. Katsuki just stares at him, probably looking like an idiot. Deku clears his throat, looking at anywhere but him. 

Katsuki couldn't care less in that moment because what the fuck was that? He admits some things one time and he's already apologizing like a little bitch. That doesn't even count as a apology, it was half assed but still, that's a lot for him. 

Deku walks past him towards aunt inko and his old hag claps her hands, a grin on her face. She seems happy with herself. 

"Let's get this party started!" 

Katsuki puts his hands in his pockets and glances at Deku, who still doesn't look anywhere in his direction. Well, at least that's over with. They can just avoid each other the rest of this dinner-

"Katsuki! Take Izuku up to your room while we adults talk! Go on!" 

Mitsuki is already pushing him toward the stairs, and he digs his feet into the floor. 

"What?! Hell, no old hag, wh-!" 

Mitsuki glares at him and mutters into his ear so only he can hear. 

"Get your shit together and fix your problems like you should Katsuki! If Izuku leaves here and nothing has changed, your fucked." 

She lets him go and he keeps eye contact with her for a moment before going up the stairs. he doesn't turn around, instead just calling him. 

"Come on nerd!" 

There is the sound of shuffling, hushed whispers and then finally the sound of Deku's footsteps following him up the stairs. He takes a deep breath and lets it out as he opens the door to his room. 

He looks at Deku, who is looking at the ground like its the most interesting thing in the entire world. He glares down at him when he finally meets his eyes. 

"You know the rules, Deku." 

He nods slightly and Katsuki opens the door to his room, letting Deku in. 

This is going to be a total shit show.