- 61: Do You Wanna Hurt Me -

Izuku is walking home after school, backpack heavy and slightly drained. He's been feeling slightly better, since that headache left and hadn't come back the rest of the school day. He hasn't seen kacchan that much today either. 

Sure, he came during the last couple periods and lunch, but he had to go right after to do more stuff. So now Izuku is walking home alone. But that's okay. He knows how hard kacchan is working. He just hopes he isn't pushing himself too hard. 

Maybe he should go over and drop off some food for him. He would also be able to at least talk to him for a second before leaving. He gets to the front door and puts his hand on the cold handle, going to open it. His head suddenly begins to pound, his vision dizzy. 

He slams his shoulder into the wood of the door, his brain feeling like its slamming into his skull. He finally gets it open, and he staggers inside, feeling like he's going to throw up. He leans against the wall as the door slams behind him, sounding way too fucking loud right now. 

He groans, his eyes tightly closed as he breathes sharply. There is a quick flash, and he lets out another painful groan, trying to get the rid of this stupid fucking headache. He sees something, and it hurts so much that he goes to the living room and lays on the couch. 

There is another violent flash, and he sees an arm reaching out over a cliff, and he falls, his body crashing into the ice-cold water. It all feels so vivid and real, even though he knows that he's never done or seen anything like this before. 

His stomach lurches and the pounding in his head feels like it will never stop. 

"How does it feel? Does it hurt? I'll make sure Izuku doesn't even think about you when we run away together. I mean, why wouldn't he. You'll be dead soon anyway." 

He nearly shits himself, hearing a voice in his head that definitely isn't his own. He recognizes it after the first initial fear ebbs somewhat. 

"What's your quirk Ishida Kun?" 

"Um..."

"It's retention... I can choose some of my memories to give to another person if i wanted."

"Thats pretty cool! How does it work?" 

Ishida looks down at his hands, clearly embarrassed. Izuku waits patiently, hoping that he can show that he isn't going to judge him for anything. The other glances at him before taking a deep breath and letting it out. 

"Well, when I'm in serious danger, i can choose someone to send some memories to, and they can feel them like the memories are theirs. But they have to be kind of recent, five years tops... and the memories that i send to someone get forgotten by me, so... It's not really useful, since i have to be scared for my life. Like when i fell into the lake as a kid. Stuff like that..." 

"Woah! What happens to the person who gets your memories?" 

He takes out one of his notebooks, excitedly starting on a page for Ishida. The black haired boy watches him curiously, a small smile playing on his lips. 

"They get headaches and stuff. Sometimes they get really sick or something, quick flashes, stuff like that. But something my mom found out when she got my memories one time is that taking a bath or laying in water helps a lot." 

Izuku tilts his head. 

"How did she find that out?" 

Ishida seems a little hesitant, before grabbing Izuku's hand tightly in his own, looking at him with a serious expression. 

"If i tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone else." 

Izuku nods firmly and Ishida takes another deep breath. 

"When i found out my dad was having an affair with his secretary. i wanted to tell my mom. My dad found out that i knew and beat me so bad i thought i was going to die. She was taking a bath and it just kind of...." 

Izuku's eyes widen and his smile falls, squeezing Ishida's hand, who is looking at anywhere but Izuku. 

"That must have been hard... Thank you for telling me." 

Izuku smiles at him, Ishida looking back. 

"I think you have an amazing quirk Ishida Kun. I'm sure it will help you someday, just like it did when you were a kid." 

"..." 

"Thank you, Izuku." 

Holy shit.  

Izuku looks at the staircase and rolls off of the couch, falling to the floor. He groans and staggers to his feet, taking shallow breaths as he goes up one step at a time. He gets to the bathroom and hastily starts to fill the tub. 

He doesn't bother stripping off his clothes, impatiently waiting for the tub to fill up. He suddenly gets a sour taste in his mouth, and he lurches to the toilet, throwing up. He heaves on his knees as the sound of the tub filling rings in his ears. 

After he's done throwing his guts up, he tilts his head towards the bath to find it almost all the way to the top. He rushes to the faucet and turns off the water. He flushes the toilet, the taste of vomit staining his mouth and tongue. 

He swallows and slips off his shoes, going into the tub with his clothes on. Everything is quiet, not even the sound of the house settling when he gets inside. The water moves around him, and he takes a deep breath, his headache finally subsiding. 

He closes his eyes and waits. 

He remembers memories that aren't his, now knowing that they are Ishida's. He sees the box and all of the pictures in his room, he sees him putting them up and taking them through his own window. 

It makes him feel disgusted and betrayed, but it just keeps getting worse. 

He sees Katsuki and Ishida's fight, the party from his eyes, and even the end. 

He feels and sees as Katsuki pushes Ishida off the cliff.  

He stays in the bath, staring at the tiled wall.