- 9: I Got Mental Issues -

That fucking line keeps running through his head. 

"Thats because we're best friends Mido!" 

When he sleeps, when he eats, even when he's at school. It's like a huge fucking blur of memories that just piss him off more and more. 

What's worse is the way Deku looks at him now. It's not the straight-out fear in his eyes, the longing, or even the need that he used to see. Now it's just nothing, like what Katsuki is doing to him doesn't even matter. 

Like Katsuki doesn't even fucking matter. 

He doesn't bring the other extras to kick the shit out of the nerd anymore. Sure, that pissed them off, but it's not like Katsuki actually gives a shit. 

Now, it's just him and the trash. He was hoping this would snap the nerd back, get him to realize Katsuki is the only thing he needs to fucking needs. 

He doesn't know why, but he ends up just getting even more pissed. 

-

Katsuki is walking home and sees Deku and that fucking extra with him. He has seen them together a number of times, and every single time, he feels like he's going to explode. 

That asshole has the balls to brush his hand against Deku's. With that stupid fucking grin on his face. Katsuki has always been good at reading people, and this asshole was full of bullshit. 

He listens in on their conversation, which wasn't that hard because it's like the both of them are living in their own damn bubble. 

"Is your mom making katsudon again Mido?" 

Izuku looks at him and gives him a small smile, his eyes glancing at the assholes hand touching his to go back to his face. 

"Uh, yeah, she is." 

If anyone else was watching, they would think that Deku is just a little uncomfortable, usual shyness. 

But Katsuki isn't anyone else. 

He's known Deku since they were in fucking diapers, knows all of his ticks, his mannerisms, hell even how many shitty freckles cover his face. 

He knows especially well when Deku is feeling negative shit. When his eyes darken and his expression falters from that usual polite smile, he knows Deku is at least a little annoyed with this asshole. 

That makes the hot pit of anger in his stomach cool slightly. 

See? 

Deku doesn't want to be around this asshole. 

He must be doing something, blackmailing him into hanging out with him, something huge. Katsuki is going to find out what. 

Then, when he beats the shit out of this useless extra, Deku will have no complaints and he'll get off with barely anything. 

Everything will go back to normal. 

He just needs to know more. He'll just follow them around for a couple of days, just on their walks and shit. 

Nothing crazy. 

Thats what he said, but that's not what he's doing at all. 

Those little following sessions go from walking behind them to straight out watching Izuku's window at night. 

At one point, he even found himself standing outside of the house, looking in from the street. From his small stakeouts, he was able to find out a lot as the days passed.