- 44: I Feel Like A Fuckin Puppet -

He's having so much fun! 

He was a little nervous at first, and even more so since he got separated from kacchan, but he's still having fun! He figures kacchan will find him eventually, and if something happens, he can just go outside and wait out front for him to show up. 

He was smart enough to decline the drink this random guy offered him, so now he's just dancing with tons of people in the living room. He doesn't know how he got here, but he's going to go with it. 

There are a lot of people from different schools, tons of people who don't even know Izuku, which means he can have fun without getting insulted. It's nice, maybe that's why kacchan goes to parties all the time. 

He spots someone standing against the wall, watching the party while sipping from a plastic cup. He has a blank expression on his face as the party roars around him. The first thing he notices are the guy's boots. They are pretty high up, with the shoelaces tied like a ladder. He goes over and smiles. 

"I like your boots!" 

The guy looks at him, his hair two different colors, and Izuku notices that his eyes are different too. He takes another sip of his drink as he looks him over. 

"Thanks...? I like your hair. It's really curly. Does it get that way naturally or...?" 

Izuku feels himself brighten up, his cheeks warming. 

"Yeah! But it takes forever to brush. How about your hair? Did you dye it?" 

The guy shakes his head and Izuku notices how pigmented the white and red are, even in the flashing lights of the party. 

"No, it's natural." 

He sees the mark on his skin where his eye is and recognizes it as a burn, though he doesn't ask. The two-toned boy glances behind him then back.

"Did you come here by yourself?" 

"Ah no, i came here with my friend, but i lost him. I figured he'd find me. I'm Izuku Midoriya by the way." 

"I'm Todoroki Shoto. Nice to meet you Midoriya." 

From there, Izuku and Todoroki talk a lot, eventually leaving the crowded living room to go to one of the empty bedrooms. Todoroki opens a small drawer and dumps the contents of it on the bed in the middle of them. 

"So, your friend is Katsuki Bakugo?" 

Izuku plops onto the bouncy bed, relaxing. The things jingle and clatter together as he bounces slightly. He smiles at Todoroki, who is swinging his boots to the ground as he goes onto the bed, his legs crossed. 

"Yeah. We're childhood best friends. Do you know him?" 

Todoroki shrugs, still looking blank, but Izuku can tell he's just relaxed. He begins to sift through the small items on the bed, shoving away packages of condoms, rubber bands, and random stuff. 

"I know of him. He's kind of an ass." 

"Yeah, but he's really nice once he gets used to you. Did you come here alone Todoroki Kun?" 

He sighs, finally clasping a small bottle of black nail polish. 

"No, i came with my brother. But he ditched me and left with his friends." 

"He sounds like an ass." 

Todoroki gives him a small smile and laughs quietly. They sit in silence for a moment before Todoroki speaks again, starting on Izuku's nails. 

"He must like you a lot if he invited you to a party. He looks like he hates these kinds of things." 

Izuku nods, his hair bobbing slightly. He makes sure to stay as still as possible as Todoroki works on his nails with a smooth, practiced hand. 

"We're very good friends! Well, like, if you asked me, I'd say we are good friends. i don't know about him though." 

"Oh? Why?" 

Izuku looks at him a little hesitantly. 

"I don't know. He says sweet stuff and then acts normal right after. I think I'm just looking too much into things. Maybe he's just trying to be extra nice." 

Todoroki hums and moves onto the next finger. 

"I don't know, he doesn't seem like the type of person to act all sweet just because." 

Izuku watches Todoroki work. 

"I guess so..."

Izuku feels his face warm up and he twists his mouth. Todoroki is right, Kacchan wouldn't just say nice things to flatter or be nice to Izuku, that just wasn't like him. So maybe he- 

"Well anyway, enough about people who are assholes. Is this your first time at a party like this?" 

Izuku nods, giving him a smile. 

"Is it that obvious?" 

Todoroki's head is down, focusing on his nails and painting them carefully. He nods, 

"Yeah. You look like your about to explode or something. It's not a bad thing, i was just saying." 

"I'm not very good at social things, especially parties and stuff, so i was a little nervous." 

"Don't be, its ok to be nervous. Besides, it's just a party." 

Todoroki finishes his nails and Izuku holds them up, smiling brightly at them. 

"Thank you so much Todoroki Kun! They look so good, your very talented!" 

Todoroki nods, handing the bottle to Izuku. 

"Indeed i am. Now your turn." 

Izuku opens the bottle again, making sure not to smudge his nails on anything. 

"I gotta warn you, I'm not very good at painting nails..." 

Todoroki holds his hands out and Izuku begins to paint, not as good as Todoroki, but pretty ok. 

"It's fine, just try your best." 

Izuku holds his hand closer to his face to get a better view. 

"Where did you buy your boots?" 

"You thinking of getting some?" 

"Yeah! They look really cool, besides i need new clothes anyway, i was gonna go shopping or something."

"I got them at this one place, i think it was called Mit and Die? They were pretty expensive, but it's worth it since i don't think they'll get worn out any time soon." 

Him and Todoroki continue to talk to each other, gossiping or talking about random stuff while Izuku finishes his nails.