- 14: Baby I'm Fucked Up -

The next day couldn't have come any faster. Izuku couldn't even get much sleep after the whole incident. Ishida had begged him to walk him home, and Izuku would be a horrible friend if he left him all alone after what happened to him. 

Then him and Ishida spent even more time talking to each other, and not even about the incident, just normal things like it was just another one of their hang outs and everything was just normal. 

Izuku found it strange that Ishida was so nonchalant about the whole thing, begging Izuku to just forget about it. Maybe it was just shock. Everyone deals with traumatic events differently, and Ishida's response could just be pretending like it never happened.

 It made Izuku feel even worse. 

After getting home way late, he snuck back inside his bedroom to catch up on some sleep. Only to be woken up an hour later by his alarm waking him up for school. Now he's pissed and sleep deprived. 

He gets out of bed grudgingly, wishing to stay in just a little longer. But when he looks at himself in the bathroom mirror to brush his teeth, that sparkling anger fills him up. He can see the marks on his shoulders, peeking out from behind his shirt. 

Scars in the shape of hands make his skin crawl and he wants to scratch them. He wants to rip them off his body, because it isn't fair. For some sick reason, he feels betrayed. It's a mix of emotions that Izuku would have to take hours to understand. 

On one hand, he feels angry. Angry for his friend who got hurt so badly, angry because his friend didn't deserve that. But he can tell that he's angry for some other reason. 

And on the other, he feels betrayed. Like in some other part of his brain, those burns were something he was only supposed to see on himself. 

After years at looking at himself and seeing them, it became something that was only a problem for him. Like, 'Yeah, these hurt but I'm the only one that has them. It's not that big a deal. It's not like anyone else would get it.' 

But now, that's changed. 

Because it isn't something Katsuki does easily. He doesn't like leaving any physical marks. A little temporary hearing loss is nothing, but evidence of his quirk being used on someone, the shape of his hand on someone's body, could be more then damaging. 

So why? 

He knows Izuku would never go to the teachers or someone else and show them all the scars, but Ishida would be a gamble. Not to mention the fact that Katsuki has to hold his hand there against the person, feel them. 

It twists his stomach. 

He finishes getting ready for school and begins to walk. What should he do? He can't let Katsuki get away with what he did, and Ishida or the teachers are no help. So Izuku will have to take matters into his own hands. 

Normally the thought would never occur to him. He could supply fifty reasons not to confront Katsuki, most reasons include all of the new ways Katsuki would find to beat the shit out of him just for standing up to him. 

But with these mixed-up emotions clouding his mind, he doesn't have time to think about all of that stuff. Even more so when he sees his face. 

He's standing right in front of him, hands shoved in his pockets with his normal expression on his face. 

Like he did nothing out of the ordinary only hours ago. 

His body moves before his mind can catch up. 

He runs toward him, his footsteps banging against the concrete as he grips the back of his uniform, much like all the times Katsuki drags him away, and pulls as hard as he can. 

The blonde is clearly caught off guard and looks at Izuku, a piercing glare on his face as he tries to pull away the moment he's touched. 

He doesn't get a chance to even say anything because Izuku glares down at him and drags him off to the place they go when Katsuki feels like he needs to beat something into Izuku's skull. Once they're there, Izuku pushes him back, making him stumble slightly. 

Katsuki glares back at him, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. 

"Deku, what the hell do you think your fucking doing." 

He seethes it out, like he's just about to explode. And like that, the anger that Izuku has been holding in feels like its seeping out of him, begging to be let out after years of growing and waiting. 

"Ishida told me what you did to him. I'm pissed off, and I'm here to tell you to never lay your filthy hands on him again." 

Katsuki looks slightly surprised, but he steps closer, looking like he wants to beat Izuku's skull in. But Izuku doesn't back down like usual. 

"And what the hell are you going to do if i don't shit nerd?" 

"I'm going to show all the teachers and the principle all of the pretty scars on my body. I'm sure you know the shape of them, since they're your hands." 

Katsuki stops, his red eyes wide. Izuku knows that he would never do that, but Katsuki doesn't. 

"You may be the golden boy, but even then, they can't ignore them. Even if they do, i could just post about it online. It's bound to leave something on your record, and you know how much U.A values something like that." 

Katsuki takes a moment, before scoffing. 

"Yeah? You think people will give a fuck about some quirkless kid? You're in no position to fucking threaten me, Deku! You think you got me wrapped around your finger or some shit?! You think you fucking matter?!

the last part stings a bit, but Izuku doesn't let it show on his face. 

"Yeah, i do! If i post about it, even if it doesn't get any recognition, it'll still be there. U.A is known for their thorough background checks on new students and bullying is a very serious allegation when it comes to the public eye. So, i think it's in your best interest to listen to what the hell I'm telling you to do." 

Katsuki stares at him. Izuku looks back, watching for anything, waiting for what he's going to say next. Whatever it is, Izuku knows he has him cornered.