~11~ Is this a hug?

This is inspired from the picture above.

I think I'm gonna get some sleep before I continue this

So who wants to guess the quote at the end of each one shot? Starting with this one, of course. I'm going to put a quote from one of the books that are on my shelf and I wanna see if anyone knows what book it's from. Bonus points if you know who said it. This is just something I thought would be cool cause I know I would love to read different quotes from different books and potentially find new books to read. Also the one at the bottom should be pretty easy to figure out. 

Anyway, 

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

---------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows how embarrassing it is when someone waves in your direction and you wave back, only for them to greet a person behind you. The embarrassment and realization that they weren't waving at you and you probably looked like an idiot all hits at once. It sucks. But what's even worse is when you take the wrong cue and hug someone you thought was going in for a hug. Just like the wave, however, you just suck at social cues. 

Peter Parker understands that better than anyone. 

It's not his fault if he's bad with social cues. Maybe the other person was just being misleading. 

To start off, there was the time when Tony was getting the door for Peter. It feels unnecessary to tell the story of that one since everyone should already know it. 

As if that wasn't embarrassing enough, there was also the time with the book. 

Peter went to the bookstore with his mentor/father figure, hoping to pick out a few books he wanted. He told Tony he was fine going by himself, and he would have enough money to buy 2-3 books, but Tony insisted on coming along. 

When Peter asked why Tony just explained that Pepper liked to read so he was trying to find a new book for her. 

After picking out a bunch of books for Peter such as They Both Die at the End, Girl in Pieces, A Good Girls Guide to Murder series and The Book Thief, (I just listed some random books on my shelf. If you haven't read them already you should go read them, they're really good) they decided that they were going to leave. Tony didn't know what books he could get Pepper. At this point just one book would be good. He didn't want to be going home empty handed for Pepper. 

"Mr. Stark sir, I own this book already, but it's really good. You could get it for Pepper," Peter said holding up a copy of The Fault in Our Stars. 

"What's it about?" Tony asked, figuring that he knew his wife best and he would know what books she would want. 

"It's a romance. The description says-" Peter paused, flipping the book over "- 'Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has brought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.'" Peter finished. 

"It's by John Green," Peter added helpfully. 

"Alright kid, pass it over."

Peter handed the book to Tony. 

Tony reached beside Peter to grab another book that looked like Pepper might enjoy it. 

Peter being confused thought it was a hug. He went in for the hug and nearly died from embarrassment again when Tony said "That wasn't a hug, kid. I'm grabbing another book."

Peter let out a small "Oh" before deciding that when he got home he wasn't going to leave his room ever again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end!

This is the quote for this chapter! Also there are spoilers so if you don't like spoilers for anything that I suggest you skip this one.

Also It's a really long quote cause I've got nothing better to do. 

"I can't talk about our love story, so I will talk about math. I am not a mathematician, but I know this: There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful." 

Remember to take care of yourself by eating enough, drinking enough water and getting enough sleep. Love you! Bye!

-Author

(2023-09-05)