~35~ Grades

Sorry I never finished spooktober. 

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone knows what grades are. You receive them in school, and it's a way to show your learning. It's the schools way of telling you what you need to improve in. 

Peter had very good grades. For the most part. It was expected, especially since he was the son of Tony Stark. It was never spoken, because it was never necessary, but Peter had to get good grades. He had to do perfect in every class. Anything below a B was unacceptable. He had taught that too himself as soon as he was aware of the importance of grades. He would strive for an A+ by working hard. 

Most the time it paid off. He had had excellent grades for every year leading up to his current year of school. He always got similar or better marks than his friends. 

The previous year, he had the best marks he had ever received. His family was so proud of him, and he was proud of himself. He was pretty confident going into the next grade. After all, he had done so well the year before, hadn't he? Obviously he was going to try, but it couldn't be that much harder. 

The year started off great. He was excelling in math, and Spanish, and he was on the decathlon. He was doing well in English and his grades were amazing. 

Then he started to get tests and assignments back and marked in social studies. Suddenly, he wasn't doing very good anymore. 

He had found it so easy last year, and had done so well, so why couldn't he figure it out this year? He started finding it harder to remember to study for tests, or label things properly. He became discouraged after more tests came back with worse grades. 

Eventually, he made it to midterms. The grades were posted and he stared at his computer screen, anxiously waiting for it to load. Once the site loaded, he quickly clicked on Social Studies, desperate to know what his grade was currently. 

He looked in disbelief as he realized for the first time ever, he had gotten a F. He reloaded the site, convinced a mistake had been made. He reflected on his test scores, and came to the conclusion, that no, it was not a mistake. It was his actual grade. He failed. 

Tears welled up in his eyes. He knew it would be childish to cry over something such as grades. He was still passing. He realized that his dad would be asking about his grades soon, and he would have to show him. God it was awful. 

A couple tears slipped down his cheeks and he quickly wiped them away. He looked up at the ceiling and quickly blinked, trying to get rid of the tears. 

He used his phone camera as a mirror and saw that his eyes still had a tint of redness to them. He went back to looking up at the ceiling and blinking rapidly. He knew he looked ridiculous, but it was better than someone coming into his room and noticing his red eyes. 

Then they would ask questions, and he would have to explain himself and his irrational fear of failing. 

At this point, he had begun to question whether it was him, or Tony that put pressure on him. Maybe he had spun this into something much worse than it needs to be. Maybe no one in his family would care, or maybe the would understand that everyone has their academic weaknesses. 

His stomach had formed a huge knot of anxiety just thinking about it. 

Then he started thinking about it more. Who was the one who implied that he had to have good marks. Tony never said anything about it. Maybe he was putting all this pressure on himself for no reason. But then he remembered every time he didn't win and the way Tony would be visibly less excited, or happy for him. He remembered the time he pretended that one of his friends had gotten even a C on a test in social studies to see the response.