~32~ Bridge

Wow we're already on 18, holy. As soon as this is over, please don't expect regular updates, I'll say that I'm going to try and then I will guaranteed forget about it. I apologize in advance. 

Also idk what I'm supposed to write that includes a bridge. Like, do I attempt to make it serious (clearly doesn't go well) or do I just do whatever comes to mind in that moment. That's what I've been doing this entire thing. Ever since chapter 1. I've just been winging it. I tend to not plan things out. 

This one shot is most likely going to be Peter admiring bridges, we'll see where this takes me

⚠️TW: I guess there's attempted suicide and some suicidal thoughts but really not by choice. It's more forced by a darker entity so in the end it's pretty much murder. ⚠️

also these ➡️~~~~ mean flashback

Anyway,

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

--------------------------------------------

Peter wondered who first created a large enough bridge to help cars cross. He wondered who built a bridge that could carry enough weight for someone. He wondered what the longest bridge was. 

Bridges were fascinating. At least to Peter. How did they manage to support all that weight? What were the chances that a bridge would fall while they were driving across it. 

Those were all the thoughts Peter about bridges Peter had grown up with. 

His thought now consisted of, Would that fall kill me? 

Is that bridge tall enough? 

Will my accelerated healing save me? 

Those were the questions he had about bridges now. However, they only ever happened in one spot.

The thought were completely different. He could be going for a walk past a certain bridge when he would hear another voice in his head, telling him he wasn't worth it. 

Jump. They won't miss you

~~~~~~~~~

Peter had never heard these thoughts before. He didn't know what voice was whispering to him. He tried looking for someone, but he was completely alone. 

He got chills running up his spine as he got the feeling someone was watching him. 

He rushed off the bridge and once he walked a little further the feeling immediately went away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was now walking past that same bridge that had been giving him negative thoughts for a while now. He wasn't sure what it was, and no one else seemed to know what he was talking about when he brought it up to his friends. 

One day, he was zoning out while walking across this bridge. He was showing Natasha and Wanda his favorite trail (excluding the bridge) and they were pretty far behind him. He hadn't realized he had sped up. 

Once he reached that bridge, it was like he was no longer in control of his body. It was as thought he was watching someone else. He couldn't talk and he couldn't bring himself to even fight to get back into his body. 

He watched with disinterest, but still unable to look away as he climbed the side of the railing and looked as though he was going to jump. 

He could hear shouting, but couldn't look to see where it came from. 

It was like there was this darkness slowly taking over more of his mind. 

Then there was a bright red in his mind and all over his body. 

Wanda was using her magic to stop him and see what was going through his mind. 

Once he was over on the other side Natasha grabbed onto him and pulled him off the bridge. Even without enhanced strength, she had a crazy strong grip on him. 

That's when Peter snapped out of it. His eyes widened as he zoned back in a realized what he almost just did. 

"What were you thinking!?" Natasha shouted. She didn't mean to sound angry, he could tell she was just anxious. 

 "I don't know, I wasn't in control!" Peters voice raised out of fear. 

"He wasn't in control, there was something taking over his mind." Wanda calmly explained. 

"You aren't allowed near that bridge until we get Dr. Strange to fix it, and when we get back we're making sure nothing has attached itself to you, got it?" 

Peter knew it wasn't a question so he just nodded. 

"Yes ma'am" He saluted. 

"You don't need to salute, I'm not Captain America," Natasha laughed, the fear that had been previously squeezing her chest, letting go. 

"Wait I need to salute to Steve!? I thought people told me not too!" 

-------------------------------------------------

The end! 

Hope you enjoyed. 

I don't know what this is but I'm sorta tired. 

Also I recommend listening to Vigilante Shit by Taylor Swift if you haven't already. It's amazing just like the rest of her songs. 

Also Ima need to see some swifties, so if you're a swifty, comment here ➡️

Hope you have a good day/night and I'm so proud of you. 

Remember to eat/sleep enough and drink enough water. 

Love you!

Bye!

-Author

(2023-10-18)