~20~ Crimson

Hi! I don't have the energy to write rn but here I am!

I'm mostly writing to avoid dealing with the fact that I have a test tomorrow and another test on Friday. 

Anyway, 

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

---------------------------------------

Crimson is a beautiful color. Different people see it different ways. 

Some people see it as a beautiful color. It might remind them of a flower, or maybe a gemstone. Or maybe they just love vibrance of crimson. 

Peter could see the beauty in it, and he loved it. But at the same time, he hated it. All it did was remind him of every small mistake that would eventually lead up to an irreversible mistake. 

Small mistakes, were very different to Peter than they were to someone else. 

To Peter a small mistake was when he was too slow, resulting in someone getting stabbed, but they would easily make it out fine. 

 In Peters eyes, a big mistake was letting large crowds get murdered when he should've saved them. 

They were relying on him to save them, why couldn't he save them? 

What about everyone who had a family? Who was going to be the one to tell them that their family member wasn't coming home? 

He didn't want them to forever wonder why Spider-Man saved other people, but not them. 

He didn't want someones dying words to be cry for help. People shouldn't die in fear, hoping and wishing that someone will save the day. 

The worst was when Peter had to watch. There had been several times where he was too busy trying to stop the villain to get to people in time. He would realize what was coming a second too late. 

It was awful, seeing the crimson spreading on the pavement. He had to go home and continue his life as though that night never happened. 

The worst times were always when he had to stop a hostage situation. Large crowds of hostages made it impossible to get everyone out. Well, maybe not impossible, but it was definitely difficult. 

Sometimes he would watch as crimson red blood poured out of his own wounds and he couldn't help but think he deserved it. Every stab wound, every gunshot that pierced his body, was for all the people he failed to protect. 

Once he moved into Stark Tower permanently, he kept some flowers outside of his window. He watered them each morning, taking very good care of them. They were beautiful Crimson Passion Flowers. 

One thing Peter began doing, was sending out cards to the families of the people he failed to save. He explained what happened in the card, and he said he was sorry. He had offered several different affordable therapists in the city and sent a bouquet of red flowers. 

He knew it wasn't going to be enough, but it was all he could do for them.   

---------------------------------------

The end

Sorry it's short, these spooktober ones are going to all have to be really short for me to get them out each day. 

Hope you enjoyed reading it, please make sure to leave some suggestions/prompts

I love you and I'm so proud of you! 

Remember to drink enough water, eat/sleep enough and take care of yourself. Read a book, draw, do something that makes you happy. 

Bye! 

-Author

(2023-10-10)