~18~ Sweat

I am again running off of 3 braincells and a hatred for school so let's see where that takes us for this one shot. 

It's day 4 of spooktober and I'm still trying to catch up. I really need to hurry up with the writing. 

The thing is sweat. 

Anyway, 

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

----------------------------------

People quite often sweat when they work out. If they don't sweat then I don't know what's wrong with them. 

Peter could work out a lot without breaking a sweat. 

It was mostly missions that would make him sweat. Or maybe he would sweat when talking to MJ, because he likes her. Because, just like every normal person, he sweats when he gets nervous. 

Anyway, he would have to go on runs with Steve and Bucky and occasionally Sam. Those run would make him sweat, but that was because the competitive side of him kicked in and suddenly he had to be faster than everyone there and do way better. 

Beating Sam wasn't a probably seeing as he had no enhancements. Steve and Bucky were more difficult to beat, but he eventually did. 

That's just the exercise side of sweating. 

People can also sweat when they get scared. 

This year, Peter was going into a haunted corn maze with his friends. He wasn't sure how safe that was for the actors. He really hoped his fight instinct didn't kick in. 

Moving on, they were in the car, Natasha had volunteered to drive them, and they were almost there. 

"I wonder how scary it'll be?" Ned wondered aloud. 

"Probably not very scary, it's just people dressed up. Everything there is fake." MJ said in a monotone voice. 

"I just don't want it to be too scary. I already suck at mazes and they really stress me out. I don't need to be getting chased through them as well." Peter added in. 

"What would happen if they actually hit you with one of the chainsaws?" Ned asked. 

"The chains are removed loser," MJ replied. 

Peter was starting to get anxiety thinking about it. What if there was secretly an actual killer in the maze and they just thought it was fake so they stopped running but then they all get murdered?

Now they were entering the corn maze and Peter was really starting to regret his actions. He really wished he faked sick, or jumped out a window. He really didn't want to get scared. 

They got through the first couple turns perfectly fine before something jumped out at them. It was someone dressed as a zombie. There was a lot of blood and it felt a little excessive. 

Peter and Ned screeched before grabbing onto each other, while MJ just jumped a little before chuckling. 

About 5 minutes later they had gotten scared by a vampire, another zombie, a mummy and an axe murderer. 

Peter was really on guard, especially since he had no idea what corners had people hiding. 

He was cautiously walking and peeking his head around each corner when something grabbed him from inside the corn. 

"AAAAGH" Peter screamed before crouching on the ground and curling up. 

That made MJ laugh to the point that she was in tears. Ned was also in tears, not because he was laughing but because he fell for the same trick a little while back and he was still scared. 

There would be no recovering from this. Well it hadn't affected MJ at all, but it definitely affected Ned and Peter. 

There was 25 different signs that showed you that you were still going in the right way. So far they had found the 15th one 3 times. They weren't sure how they kept ending up there. 

They finally reached the 16th when a Ghostface jumped out at them holding an obviously rubber knife. Peter thought he expected them to run, but the just stood there in shock. 

The actor tried scaring them by screaming but they just stared at Ghostface. 

The actor broke character to tell them: "This is where you run. I'm supposed to scare you. Please start running." 

"Well, where's the next sign?" MJ bargained. 

"Just take a left, go straight then turn right." 

The trio laughed before listening. 

The actor had lied to them. It was a dead end. They turned around to go find it on their own. 

As they started walking, and animatronic hand popped out from the ground, jump scaring Ned. 

Now they were getting close to the end and they thought they were done with jump scares. They had about 3 more signs to find. 

Just before they found the 23rd sign, the got chased in the opposite direction by someone with a fake chainsaw. Eventually, they managed to make their way to the 24th sign and just as they thought they were almost in the clear, a fake spider fell down in front of them, making MJ scream. 

Peter and Ned stared in shock, not sure if they just heard MJ scream from fear. 

She got back up and dusted off her pants. "You will not say a word of this to anyone, got it?" 

All out of words to say, the boys just silently nodded. They were too afraid to say anything. 

They reached the last sign, which pointed them to the exit. They were leaving when one last person jumped out at them. This caused Ned to push Peter out of the way, leaving Peter on the ground, looking betrayed, while MJ was laughing. 

Once Ned calmed down, he went back to help Peter up. 

"Peter, I am so so sorry! I swear I didn't mean to push you." 

Peter just silently laughed before accepting Neds help. 

"It's ok dude, I really don't care that you pushed me. If you were in my way, I would've done the same." 

They went back to the tower, once again, Natasha was driving. 

"So what if we turn on a horror movie to end the night. I was thinking The Conjuring." MJ suggest, only messing with them. 

"NO!" Ned shouted at the same time that Peter looked her dead and the eyes and whisper: "no"

--------------------------------------

The end! Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry it's not very good, I'm still rushing to catch up to spooktober. 

Anyway, have a good day/night, make sure to drink enough water and eat/sleep enough. I'm proud of you, and I love you!

Bye!

-Author. 

(2023-10-09)