~15~ Stagger

Hi! It's me! 

High school is so boring and repetitive. I can barely sit through one class before I feel like I either need to get up and walk/talk with a friend or fall asleep. 

I'm trying out the spooktober. This is really going to force me to have some dedication for once. Or it won't. I may forget about it halfway through. (We're going to see if I can catch up since I started a little late)

Anway, this one is 1. Stagger. 

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

--------------------------------------------------------

Peter was having an good day. If you asked him, it was a fantastic day.  If you exclude the overwhelming exhaustion that had been creeping up on him all day. The day was getting a little worse, but that didn't matter to Peter. So what if Happy forgot to pick him up today. He would just walk to the tower. Couldn't be that difficult, right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was that difficult. Peter left school with the clouds slightly grey and stormy, but he thought it would only drizzle. Not pour. Then Peter heard thunder. Was Thor playing and prank on him? 

That's not right, Peter thought I've never met Thor. Or any of the Avengers. Other than Tony of course. 

Maybe Tony told Thor to annoy me- Peter broke out of his thought when he saw a box of kittens in the rain. He rushed over since he couldn't see anyone. They probably went to find shelter once the rain started. Smart. 

On the outside of the box there was a note that told anyone who saw these kittens to take them. 

Peter, of course, couldn't leave them out in the rain. So he took off his jacket and sweater and put his sweater in the box to keep the kittens warm. He then used his jacket to shield the kittens from the rain. 

Inside the box there were 5 kittens. One had a lengthy, coal coloured fur, another had a glossy, inky pelt. One had a fur like a sunset with darker streaks along it's paws.  After that there was a simple grey tabby that's fur colour almost reminded Peter of a koala's. It had a white underbelly and a white nose. The last one was a cream coloured cat with a grey area around its nose. 

Peter began his way back to the tower and managed to get about 30 minutes away before getting distracted again. 

This distraction wasn't a very welcome one.  Peter carefully put the kittens down in a safe space before grabbing his Spider-Man mask and rushing into the scene in front of him. 

Ahead of him, there were two men beating a third man. He hardly had time to put on his webshooters before he had to distract them. 

Peter wasn't sure if he was going to be able to do this fight, or any other since the little bit of a drowsy feeling in his mind had snuck into his eyelids and was now pulling them down. 

Not only was he fighting these men but he was also fighting two men now. One of them had a long brown beard and looked like he could've been in his late 30's to early 40's. The other seemed like he was slightly younger, maybe in his mid 20's. He had no facial hair and had a scar along his cheek. 

One of them pulled out a knife and started aiming for Peter. He swiped and missed a couple times. 

"Woah, what did the air ever do to you to deserve being stabbed! All it's ever done has help you survive and this is how you repay it?!" 

The man snarled before lunging toward Peter. It didn't matter to Peter if he got stabbed. After all he had been stabbed before. All that mattered to him was that the man being attacked got away. 

Peter jumped back just before the knife made contact with his skin. Unluckily, while he jumped back, he smashed his head against the concrete wall. At this point, adrenaline was the only thing keeping him going.

He looked around, his eyes scanning for the man being attacked. He was gone. 

That moment of distraction was all it took for Peter to get stabbed. Out of reflex from getting stabbed, he punched the person a little too hard and they crumpled to the ground. 

"Shit shit shit shit shit! I am so sorry! I didn't mean too!" 

The bearded man looked at the man on the ground and made a run for it. 

Peter didn't try chasing after him. He looked down at his stomach and saw the blood spreading through his shirt. 

Maybe the rain will wash the blood away. Peter thought sluggishly. He dragged his feet back towards the kittens and began his walk back to the tower. 

He was about 15 away when the adrenaline wore off. God, it is so much harder to keep my feet moving. It's almost like I'm not in control of them. He mused. 

The rain was still going strong by the time he was 5 minutes away. He could see the tower better now. He hardly noticed the fact that everyone he passed would stare at him. 

He went in the front doors and staggered toward the private elevator. 

To Peter, he was rushing, however his version of rushed at the moment was very different to other peoples version of rushed. From someone else's view, he looked as though he might have had way to many drinks. 

Once he got to his room, he took the box of kittens and plopped it on his bed. He carefully took the kittens out one by one and placed them on his floor. In order to make them as comfortable as possible, he draped a blanket across the floor and placed some pillows around it that they could hopefully use as little beds. 

Peter was beginning to get lightheaded. Maybe it was just him, but his vision seemed to be getting darker as well. 

He stumbled out of his room to search for people in the kitchen. He didn't care if this was how he met the Avengers, this stab wound was really starting to hurt. 

All he saw when he got down was an empty floor. 

Maybe Tony's in his lab

He lurched towards the elevator and asked Friday to take him to Tony. 

"You seem to-" Peter could no longer hear Friday. The only thing he could hear was a really loud ringing in his ears. 

The elevator doors opened and Peter stumbled into Tony's lab. He bumped into a table before making his presence even more known to the billionaire. 

"Uh, Mr. Stark? I think I need help?"

"With what kid?" Tony asked, not looking up from his work. 

"Well maybe with the stab wound. It's really starting to hurt."

"WHAT!?" Tony continued lecturing Peter, but Peter could no longer hear him because he had passed out. 

The end. 

------------------------------------------

Sorry about the ending I just wanted it to be over. Anyway, love you! Make sure to eat, sleep and drink enough. You're doing awesome and I'm super proud of everything you've done and who you've become. 

Bye! 

-Author

(2023-10-06)