~34~ Cradle

Hi! Since I've missed so much of this, I'm working on catching up. I'm not thinking that I'm going to be able to catch up. 

Anyway

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School sucked. There was always pressure to do good, get perfect scores, join clubs, be social. It's impossible to handle all of that. It's even worse when that pressure carries from school to home.

That kind of pressure destroys people. It's too much to handle so they stop it all. They just shut down.

That's how it was for Peter, at least.

At least he wasn't expected to be athletic at school. He just had to do the bare minimum and that was enough. Home was a different story. He wasn't allowed to just relax, instead he had to work out constantly and go on runs.

It gave him a negative view on working out. It wasn't only home that gave him a negative view, it was probably also school.

He didn't want to play dodgeball, AGAIN. Dodgeball sucks. He hated always getting hit in the face. Some people throw really hard and it really hurts!

Especially when a teacher joins in and he gets hit in the face from a ball thrown by a teacher! IT'S THE WORST!!!

Anyway, at least it wasn't much of a struggle for him academically. Until it comes to spelling words like academically, then he relies on autocorrect.

With being Spider-Man, he hardly had time to join clubs. He quit band because of it. He didn't actually enjoy band anyway, but that's irrelevant.

Socially, well, Peter had 2 close friends. He got along with almost everyone. If you were counting Spider-Man, he was very popular.

So Peter was mostly doing good. He just wasn't doing good in handling the pressure.

Sometimes it can take something very small for it all to come crashing down.

For example, he was trying to make a cake. While he was mixing it, a thick, juicy fly flew into the mixture with its gorgeous thighs . At first he didn't notice until it resurfaced.

That was all it took for him to break down sobbing. The thighs were too powerful.

About 5 minutes later, Tony came rushing in since he had gotten an alert from Friday stating that Peter was crying.

"Hey, hey what's wrong? Peter?" Tony crouched next to the boy, desperately trying to see what was wrong.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Peter, you're crying on the kitchen floor, I don't think that counts as fine. Please tell me what's wrong," Tony pleaded. 

"A fly flew into my cake batter and now it's all ruined!" He sobbed. 

"We can make more! It's fine!"

"But I wasted all that food!" 

"No, don't worry it's alright. Take a deep breath in," Tony got Peter to breath in with him. 

"And out," They both exhaled. 

The repeated that process until Peter had calmed down enough. 

"Let's go watch a movie, hmm?" Tony suggested. 

"Sure," Peter hiccupped. 

Peter fell asleep cradled in Tony's arms that night. Pepper made sure to take plenty of pictures.

The next morning Peter got a day off school, for his mental health. 

-------------------------------------------

The end! 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed, remember to take care of yourself by eating/drinking/sleeping enough! Hope you have a good day/night/evening and I love you!

Bye!

-Author

(2023-10-30)